Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
randy69

Dual landing jacks

MY landing jacks suck. They were slow when new. But now they make the motor grunt a slip gears I pulled out the lead jack grease screw and gears. The follower jack was buried in a cubby hole other side of gen. Cut a door inside of storage wall. Installed hinges ..Finially got to the follower jack . No grease just sandy. Called landing manufacture (venture) they told me any 5th wheels 36 to 42 should have dual motors and 2 lead jacks and gear box. Keystone should not used a single motor for my rig 361 lev raptor. Pictures when completed. And just a thought why not put a access inside door to service the follower jack.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Randy,

I sense your frustration and agree with you that any heavy fifth wheel should have dual front landing gear motors and certainly there should be access to all jacks anywhere in the RV.

Unfortunately, nobody from Keystone RV corporation monitors this website so your concerns will not be viewed by the factory unless you contact them directly. If you go to the Keystone website, http://www.keystonerv.com/ along the bottom of every webpage is a "contact us" link. If you click on that, it will open a form that you can complete and give the factory your ideas and your concerns.

I urge you to do that so they know your frustration with how they built the landing gear into your RV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
randy69

Here are the steps on installing dual motors on landing gear. I have a generator.I had to cut a hole in the storage compartment for acess, I put hindges on the door. Remove old jack and install new. Cut a hole for the switch to intall And cut a hole for manual crank operation. Mine was in propaine compartment Wire batterys to switch and motor. And if you have a optional wireless remote you have to disconnect the transmitter from your orginal jack and tape them up. ok pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	landing 008.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	5453   Click image for larger version

Name:	landing 014.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	5454   Click image for larger version

Name:	landing 003.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	5455   Click image for larger version

Name:	landing 006.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	5456   Click image for larger version

Name:	landing 012.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	5457  

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
Old 05-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
jumpy

dual motor conversion

Did you buy a complete new set of landing gear with the motors or did you just add a additional motor? Where did you get your parts? thanks
jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
randy69

Just the driver side lead jack motor gearbox. Order from venture online direct the hardest thing was cutting that access door in the storage compartment.if you need help I can tell you what you have to do.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
Old 05-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
jumpy

Ok I calle venture and ordered parts but my gen. is on that side and the leg is mounted on the outside of the frame in the propane compartment. Will I just have to cut a hole in the frame to mount the new leg back on?
jumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
randy69

Your storage compartment needs a doorway to access the jack. Here is what I did. Storage compartment wall unscrew the trim on both sides, And there are two or three long screws that holds the storage compartment walls. Cut the silicone with a utility knife. On the side where your jack is, Try to pry it open enough to cut a 15" wide x 21" long access . I cut 3 sides and installed door hindge before I cut the 4th side. Remember your transfer switch is mounted on the oppositside so just pull the wall out enough to cut that access door. Now you can remove and install your new jack plus you can grease it when needed. I assume you just bought the follower leg? or the dual motor setup. If you have more question let me know.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4