Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2020, 06:00 AM   #1
German Shepherd Guy

Help please with cable slide out adjustment.

I have a 2018 26RBPR. Has two cable slide outs. Kitchen slide out. When fully extended the top of the room on both sides fully touches the wall. On the bottom however there is a gap. 3/4 of an inch on both the left bottom and the right bottom. Do I need to adjust the slide so that it fully touches the wall when out on both bottom sides?. When retracted it seals properly on the outside walls as best as I can tell. I have the print out of the manual. It says nothing about this and further is as clear as mud as to how to properly tension the cables to achieve the desired results. In other words which cables would I adjust to pull the bottom of the slide out when extended another 3/4 of an inch? It also says it is a "give and take" system. And to assure proper slack in the "opposing cable" when tightening the cable you want. Which is the opposing cable? In other words which cable is opposing to "bottom out" Is it "bottom in" or is it "top out"?

When I first open the slide there seems to be a bit of a hitch to it as it first starts extending. The slight noise and hitch are what got me to looking and to noticing the gap when extended.

So, which cables would I need to tighten to achieve another 3/4 inch of travel on the bottom when extending, and which cables would I need to loosen as the "opposing" cables to allow for that tightening?

I guess my question is as clear as mud too. Sorry this is the best that I can do, hopefully it is understood.
Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide, slide out