Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #1
dronning

Raptor 413 surprise

We did our walk through yesterday and I was surprised to learn it has a tankless water heater. Dealer did an outstanding job, everyone was helpful and very knowledgeable.

We shared with the dealer that our 2021 GMC 3500 Denali's dash can control & monitor some of the iN-Command features, which was a surprise to them.
- Dave
dronning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That’s great. I have to ask: did you look it over in person prior to purchase?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
That’s great. I have to ask: did you look it over in person prior to purchase?
Yes we did, just didn't look at the water heater. I just assumed by the specs it was a 12gal DSI. This was the only floor plan my wife really liked and after viewing a bunch of 5th wheels, we had a ton of specific questions and pretty much directed the salesman to other areas. The service manager did the pre-delivery walk through with us and was quick to point out this change.
- Dave
Old 12-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
ChuckS

Congrats on the new RV.. hope you folks have many safe travels and great memories...

Here’s a file you will want to DL and keep in your RV regarding your Tankless water heater...

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com...24-ENG-694.pdf

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Good deal!! I just wondered. Enjoy

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:37 AM   #6
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.
Old 12-06-2020, 07:53 AM   #7
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Welcome from northern MN.
Thanks, we will be up your way a couple of times this summer at my cousin's lake place in Pengilly on Swan lake (near Hibbing).
- Dave
Old 12-11-2020, 05:03 AM   #8
spicercars

That's about an hour north of us. Nice place.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #9
dutchmensport

Welcome, congrats, and keep us updated how that water heater works out.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:40 AM   #10
foldbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post
We did our walk through yesterday and I was surprised to learn it has a tankless water heater. Dealer did an outstanding job, everyone was helpful and very knowledgeable.

We shared with the dealer that our 2021 GMC 3500 Denali's dash can control & monitor some of the iN-Command features, which was a surprise to them.
- Dave

Can you share with us what in command features does it control?

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 06:18 AM   #11
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
I have a "tank style" on the Raptor 356 and the InCommand turns the water heater on/off, selecting gas, electric, or both.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #12
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by foldbak View Post
I haven't tried anything yet, I've been waiting for my 25K B&W hitch so I can pick up the Raptor (just got it today).
What I read and saw on the In-Command site video is you can start the generator, turn on the HVAC (heat or air). Check fuel levels in water, grey & black tanks, plus the aux and generator gas tank(s). I think almost anything you can control from your iN-Command phone app.

I can see someday this getting to the point that if you forgot something, it might not let you move the truck or at least alert you on the dash which would be awesome.

- Dave
Old 12-17-2020, 08:06 AM   #13
travelin texans

Quote:
I haven't tried anything yet, I've been waiting for my 25K B&W hitch so I can pick up the Raptor (just got it today).
What I read and saw on the In-Command site video is you can start the generator, turn on the HVAC (heat or air). Check fuel levels in water, grey & black tanks, plus the aux and generator gas tank(s). I think almost anything you can control from your iN-Command phone app.

I can see someday this getting to the point that if you forgot something, it might not let you move the truck or at least alert you on the dash which would be awesome.

- Dave
Vehicles are already too self sufficient for my liking to the point people think they do not have to drive while getting dressed, putting on make-up, shaving, texting & doing a crossword puzzle from behind the wheel traveling at 70 mph.
BTW I've actually seen all the above in my travels.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:11 AM   #14
geeman

Well, there goes the grey tank. With an endless supply of hot water will likely mean LONGER showers.
geeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #15
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Well, there goes the grey tank. With an endless supply of hot water will likely mean LONGER showers.
That was my 1st thought! I told my wife we better be on the lookout for a waterproof timer. I'm am the worst, I love long boiling hot showers.
- Dave
Old 12-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #16
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Vehicles are already too self sufficient for my liking to the point people think they do not have to drive while getting dressed, putting on make-up, shaving, texting & doing a crossword puzzle from behind the wheel traveling at 70 mph.
BTW I've actually seen all the above in my travels.
Hey I saw people doing all those things back in the 60's with no power steering, driving with their knee, a stick shift, no cruise and certainly no lane departure warnings!!!
- Dave
Old 12-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
That was my 1st thought! I told my wife we better be on the lookout for a waterproof timer. I'm am the worst, I love long boiling hot showers.
- Dave
Since there's no "tank" filled with reserve hot water, this gives running out of propane an "whole different crisis situation" !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:52 AM   #18
Mikelff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Congrats on the new RV.. hope you folks have many safe travels and great memories...

Here’s a file you will want to DL and keep in your RV regarding your Tankless water heater...

https://www.girardgroupcompanies.com...24-ENG-694.pdf
Read through the above file for tankless water heater. It appears it only has propane heating, no electric? I have a 12 gallon tank water heater that works off electric and propane. In that most RV parks electric is included in site charge, the cost to heat water is covered in that charge. A tankless unit will save about 98 pounds of water weight. Also takes up less space, which is a plus. Wonder how much propane that tankless will use? It would be great if it was duel, electric and propane. I must say I was very pleasantly surprised at how fast my hot water tank recovers. With four adults and two grandkids, I have yet to run out of hot water, even with showers and washing dishes at the same time. Congrats on the new rig and hope you have lots of great fun and memories!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #19
flybouy
Site Team

A small tankless electric wh would require a minimum 30 amp breaker/service. Most are 240 v ac and typically 40 or 60 amps. Not very practical for a camper.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #20
dronning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Since there's no "tank" filled with reserve hot water, this gives running out of propane an "whole different crisis situation" !!!!!
May have to upgrade to 40lb tanks!
Tried to find gas consumption rate an all I could find is water flow rate. I did find that if you had a propane only system before, the tankless unit will use 50% of the propane which is due to not having to keep the water warm all the time. Great if you are boondocking and don't go overboard on showers.
- Dave

Tags
raptor