Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
damnyankee

2018 Keystone raptor 398ts door locks upgrade

I am wanting to install Valterra RV deadbolts in my two access doors, has anyone undertaken this task as of late. Thinking the single cylinder with a 1" throw, any information will be helpful.
damnyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not sure what benefit you'd gain from an additional deadbolt lock on a OEM entry door.

Problems (or potential problems) would be increased risk of a leak, one more key to carry and no improvement in security when installed on a door that you can "knock a hole in with the palm of your hand"....

In other words, when you can use your fingernails to bend the door frame to open the door or use your fist to gain entry, would an additional deadbolt lock make the trailer any more secure ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone, raptor, upgrade