Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #21
MarkECampr

Key Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBTexas View Post
My girlfriend recently came for a visit, and I had forgotten to leave my spare key out in the agreed spot for her to get in. Ruh-Roh!!!
Well, I would never have even considered what she did ... she took the door key from her Forest River Salem Lite ... and it opened my door!! I verified it when I got home.

Has anyone ever had this somewhat odd (and troubling) experience?
On a similar vein, I had locked myself out of our Montana 5r and I remembered someone warning us about the laundry shoot, that was part of the staircase. Luckily I had left the side toolbox door open. Went thru the toolbox and up thru the laundry shoot. Viola! After that, I put a latch lock on the stair step, and remembered my key for ever more. 8)
MarkECampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #22
cma1975

Electric door locks

We just bought a used TT with one of these from a friend. Luckily, she gave us the combination because I have tried unsuccessfully to change it multiple times over the past 6 months. Oh well, hope I can remember it!
cma1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:13 AM   #23
jimborokz

Just wondering, Insurance co. usually wants to see signs of a break it before they pay a claim. If the thief uses the 751 key ?? Has anyone filed a claim from such a theft?
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:36 AM   #24
Casemaker

We upgraded to an electric version. Several choices available. Going to the camper it seemed I never had the keys. So now it is easy to enter and always lock the Premier 30RI. Have had a rash of issues in our community with breaking so this made peace of mind and the doors are always locked. Thinking about baggage doors.
Casemaker is offline   Reply With Quote