Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #21
notanlines

That ol' Scott, he's sharp, sharp! And he can spell parefena, paripfina....well, you know, he's just sharp! And CORRECT!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #22
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
So, What do you think of the new Onans? Where do you store them while traveling and how do you pick them up?
I like them very, very much. I've used them a couple times now, not camping, but at home. Transport? We just returned from a 2 week trip, several state parks in Indiana. I carried them with us. I put one in the front bay of the trailer. I won't be doing that again. At 100 plus pounds and my age, it was all I could do to left it in and out.

I purchased a set of ramps and they just wheel up now. Of course I have to heave-ho, but after the first time, I had it down pretty good. They fit in the very rear of the truck bed, closest to the edge. This allows about 3 inches of clearance when the king ping hitch swings when making sharp turns or when backing sharp. It completely misses them.

Old 09-20-2020, 03:42 PM   #23
dutchmensport

Here's a couple more.

Flip your RV refrigerator from gas to electric at the campground. Why not? You paid for the electricity with the campsite. Why use your gas?

If you have a heat pump / air conditioner combination, run your heat pump if you need heat at the campground. Again... why run the propane on your furnace when you've already paid for electricity.

There is nothing special about RV toilet paper except with the name "RV" in it. That somehow entitles the manufacturer to charge more. Any TP will work. If it works in your house, it will work for your camper too. But, use lots of water to flush your black tank if using any TP.

There is nothing wrong with decking out your camper with the finest and best. Consider it your 5 star motel, your love shack, your vacation resort, and treat yourself to nice luxury. Go glamping. After all, you paid enough for your camper. Why spend a fortune for a fabulous product and then skimp using old blankets, paper dishes, and lousey mattresses.

It's OK to watch television when camping! It's OK to hike trails too. It's OK to cook over an open fire. It's OK to cook using the microwave. Everyone camps different, it's YOUR
life. Don't let anyone tell you that you are doing it wrong.

Family and friends just don't understand our passion for camping. The more you go, the more they believe you are loosing touch with reality. When you finally decide to go full time RVing, THEY will know you've lost your mind. Be prepared.... just ignore the nay-sayers. This is your life, not theirs.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #24
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Here's a couple more.

Flip your RV refrigerator from gas to electric at the campground. Why not? You paid for the electricity with the campsite. Why use your gas?
May be more with using electric hot water heater than the fridge, but there are times where I know I will be running AC a lot I don't run some things on AC as I only have 30 amp service. AC plus water heater means a trip to the breaker.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote