Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Richeyb

Grey water won’t drain

first outing in Montana High Country 380 TH. It has 1 Black Tank and 2 Grey tanks. Drain all three first 2nd day. All seemed to work fine. Black drained followed by cleaning pipe with grey tank #1 for bathroom. Drain #2 grey supporting kitchen.
Day 3 drained black tank and flushed with flushing tank connection. Then attempted to drain #1 grey but noth8ng came out...gauge shows 3 red lights, over night I had shaved and showed so assume lights correct.
Then drained #2 grey without a problem.

Appears something is clogging #1 grey or valve has come loose from rod in closed position.

Any thoughts or suggestions

Richeyb
Richeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
bobbecky

Are you sure the number 1 and number 2 grey tank drain valve handles are labelled correctly? Maybe the one you thought was the bath grey tank drain valve is actually the galley grey tank, and there wasn't anything in it. Quite often, there are reports that the labels are wrong. Also, it is wise to not drain the black tank that often, unless you've got a couple dozen kids visiting the toilet a lot. It is better to let the black tank get at least half full before draining. You will discover that the tank level indicator light system is a waste of time, that after you have used the rig, the sensors in the tanks rarely are accurate, and you will soon get used to how often you need to drain the tanks from either the toilet burp when you flush it or when the shower water backs up into the shower whie you are showering.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
Richeyb

Grey water

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Are you sure the number 1 and number 2 grey tank drain valve handles are labelled correctly? Maybe the one you thought was the bath grey tank drain valve is actually the galley grey tank, and there wasn't anything in it. Quite often, there are reports that the labels are wrong. Also, it is wise to not drain the black tank that often, unless you've got a couple dozen kids visiting the toilet a lot. It is better to let the black tank get at least half full before draining. You will discover that the tank level indicator light system is a waste of time, that after you have used the rig, the sensors in the tanks rarely are accurate, and you will soon get used to how often you need to drain the tanks from either the toilet burp when you flush it or when the shower water backs up into the shower whie you are showering.
Bob. I do think your right, I assumed grey tank by the black handle was the bathroom grey tank and the one up front was kitchen. Never assume. Ran shower till #1 grey showed 4 lights... no flow in back grey. But there was front tank full. Drain great..
Now running water through bath room sink to see where it goes...

They say never assume... “makes an a.. out of u and me”. Not you😀
Old 10-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #4
Richeyb

Smile Grey Mystery Solved

After 3 hrs of running water through system and draining all 3 systems multiple times I finally figured out my Montana...

Black drains out of back drain just below Black and grey valve #2. Located behind 3rd wheel.

Both Greys drain out front drain located in front of wheels under kitchen pop out. #1 grey valve located above drain.

In my old Trailer the grey drain through black drain as a flushing after draining black....not so with modern water system with flushing hook up

Live and learn

Richeyb

Tags
drain, water