Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
Kzneft

Upside down bed

If you take out your toyhauler for the first time and your son tells you he can't sleep on the top bunk bed in the back because its like sleeping on large rocks so you check it out only to find whoever installed the bed put is on upside down. See pic. No wonder he couldn't sleep. One big board supporting your head, another on the stomach and another on the feet. I had just thought Keystone forgot to put a sheet of plywood on top but no. Flipped it over, reinstalled the side rails and put the mattress back on. Now works great. Just for anyone who builds rv's for a living, please don't tell your neighbors that is your job as you lost all credibility. I swear there is not a lot of work integrity in the RV business.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Upside Down bed.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	16781  
Kzneft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
Brentw

Really, need to check mine out a bit more. Threw a sheet of plywood up there and a residential mattress. I have 2 - 1 x 2 aluminum studs that will be married to the side rails, no heavy weights here but the bed is starting to bow with minimal use.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:07 PM   #3
mikz86ta

Oh lawdy! This is a first......yet not suprised.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #4
Mongoose9400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzneft View Post
If you take out your toyhauler for the first time and your son tells you he can't sleep on the top bunk bed in the back because its like sleeping on large rocks so you check it out only to find whoever installed the bed put is on upside down. See pic. No wonder he couldn't sleep. One big board supporting your head, another on the stomach and another on the feet. I had just thought Keystone forgot to put a sheet of plywood on top but no. Flipped it over, reinstalled the side rails and put the mattress back on. Now works great. Just for anyone who builds rv's for a living, please don't tell your neighbors that is your job as you lost all credibility. I swear there is not a lot of work integrity in the RV business.
How difficult was it to gain access to the wood framing? Was it destructive? One of our boards cracked and I want to rebuild the frame stronger. I took a quick look and wasn't sure if I would destroy the black felt? type covering.
Mongoose9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Looks like a southern hemisphere bed to me. Do they build them in Australia to?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
CJ7Bob

Apparently mine is the same way, My son said the same thing and it looks like your photo. I have already cut plywood and placed it up there. Guess I should check into turning it over.

2014 Raptor 332TS
2017 2500 Duramax High Country 4X4
CJ7Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed