Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
hankaye

H2O heater question...

Howdy All;

Moving into the New to me Trailer('08 278RKS Cougar has both gas and elect. prefer to just use gas), ..... Water heater works ok, however, when it fires-up to go to doin it's job (on propane), I hear it click on... then click off. this happens several times before it catches and stays lit. No wind at the time (several occasions), Just seems to have a hard time wakeing up.
Never had this problem with the 16 year old version in the old trailer. Even when it was windy.

Anyone else experience this sitution???

Thanks;
hank
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If your burner does not ignite and stay on during the 1st attempt, the system will automatically attempt 2 more tries for ignition before lock-out. Each ignition cycle will have a 15 second purge before the spark cycle if the system is a "3 try" system.
If lockout occurs before the main burner lights, turn the switch to "OFF", wait 5 seconds and then turn the switch to the "ON" position. This will restart the ignition cycle .
The first start-up of the heater may require several cycles before all air is purged from the gas lines.
Perhaps you still have air in the lines and it is cycling through trying to purge it from the lines.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
hankaye

Festue2, Howdy;

Thanks for the thoughts;

The H2O heater was working fine Friday and early Sat. just started 'acting-up'.
Turned it off for the night (not going to chance a Homer moment), and tried it again this morning... Same thing click-on, .. whoop, wait a few seconds, ... click-off. Does this several times (more than 3), then either shuts-down or cooks water. We have had some wind this afternoon, maybe I didn't notice a coupla gusts yesterday...Just going to have to wait this out and keep an eye on it for awhile. I'll keep turning it off at night, safer at this point and why heat water that's not going to get used anyway

hankaye
Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
hankaye

Festus2, Howdy;

Think I may have found the problem.

Altitude. Seems like I live at 6,000' ASL (Above Sea Level), and we are supposed to make adjustments for that.

Turned it on this morning and no problems..........yet.

Thanks again for the responce.

hankaye