Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #1
77vetter

Bal Lock Arm Stabilizers

I just received our lock arm stabilizers today and am confused as how to install them to the front landing legs. The arm that is supposed to attach to the landing legs has a 90 bracket attached by a rivet and it does not move to adjust to different angles. Is that riveted bracket supposed to move, according to the pictures I've seen of other installs it should move. I dont want to force it and break it so just want to make sure .

If any one has some install advice/experience (pics too) would be greatly appreciated- newbie novice here

thanks!
77vetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Yes, they are supposed to move .... if you can break it, I sure don't want to kick sand in your face. If you watch you can see how it is attached.(Between 1:14 and 1:30) Once they are mounted they will move easily. By the way, they work very well, I think you will be satisfied, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #3
GmaPaTime

Yes they move but are very tight out of the box. Take a screw driver and insert through the hole and pivit the bracket back and forth to loosing it up.

I installed these and noticed the same thing. It's because of the installed rivit and only needs to be worked free. Very happy so far with this modification.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
77vetter

ok great, thanks for the confirmation. I "thought" that was the case but just didnt want to force it and break them
Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
77vetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmaPaTime View Post
Yes they move but are very tight out of the box. Take a screw driver and insert through the hole and pivit the bracket back and forth to loosing it up.

I installed these and noticed the same thing. It's because of the installed rivit and only needs to be worked free. Very happy so far with this modification.
ok thanks for the confirmation. I thought that was maybe the case, I just didnt want to force them and break them.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
77vetter

Well I got them installed today. It was pretty easy and didnt take much time at all. Very happy with them so far!

Old 04-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

I think you will be very please with them ...... just remember to unlock them before trying to raise or lower the landing gear. ... Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #8
77vetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I think you will be very please with them ...... just remember to unlock them before trying to raise or lower the landing gear. ... Hank
yeah thats my fear! I need to get a checklist together! This is our first RV so everything is new to us.

My brother in law reminds me to make sure I have the landing legs down before I pull away from the camper. Both he and his cousin dropped their 5er on their truck because they forgot to lower their legs

So those are both things I hope to remember(among others)