Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
rbev2308

2014 F-350 DRW and Firestone Airbags

Did a quick search on here and did not find any pics available. Trying to see if anyone has 2011 and above 6.7 Diesel F-350 Dually with the airbags and if they can post pics of them. I have had multiple hand surgeries before retiring from the navy so not an option for me but I set up an appt to install as I just did not like the small squatting with my Alpine 3535RE and they called me back Friday and told me they would need addl 1-2 hrs of labor cause they want to use the adjacent bolt holes that the factory rails sit in, thus removing hitch and rails just to install. I told them that I was quite certain those holes were not the ones to use and I was somewhat confident that no drilling would be required since the Ride Rite airbags selected was just for this model to include installation with or without factory rails...and I see several sets of avail holes on the frame. The install instructions only show a pic for the passenger side using the hanger bracket area for the exhaust but nothing on the driver side. It appears tight but I think I know where they should go and plan on asking this guy before he commences but would like to hear or specifically see if anyone has this configuration that can assist. This is a reputable dexter axle dealership that specializes in trailers and claims to have installed previously. Dealers in this area want $125/hr for labor and are backed up big time. Thanks in advance
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
Javi

Ross.. see my pm
Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Page two of the instructions shows passenger side with this note.
NOTE: The driver’s side will not use the large oval hole in
the frame. Instead, remove the factory installed bolt &
p-clip from the urea tank bracket. Use the provided 3/8"-16
x 1-1/2" hex bolt, washer, and flange nut to attach the upper
bracket and urea tank bracket to the frame.

Below that is the drivers side but marked "Kit to frame assembly". With factory rails Firestone says "NO DRILL INSTALL". Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
sagebel

I installed mine with a below the knee splint on one leg due to ankle surgery (much to DW's dismay). Never had to remove the factory hitch. Just one small part previously mentioned. The install is pretty straight forward but if you have hand issues I can see how it would be difficult. Too bad I'm not closer, I would gladly help with the install.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
rbev2308

Thanks for the offer. I plan on calling another member on here to ask a couple of questions and probably talking my son thru it. He is a gearhead and can figure it out...Yeah multiple hand surgeries before retiring did not fix a thing. One hand still hurts and I have no grip in the other at all. MRI showed 3 nerve impingements and multiple cysts. Some doc wanted to open the wrist and shave a bone down, I passed. I can do basic stuff like changing oil but trying to get any torque or things that require two hands, just not gonna work.. I had to give up golf but I sucked at it anyway...
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
mkrof72

2015 F350 with Firestone Airbags.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0359 (1).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	8595

This picture is with out my bags installed. Now that I have the bags it brings the back end up to level at 40psi.
mkrof72 is offline   Reply With Quote