Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
socalhd

My New FZ342 is home

She is home but not without a few Glitches though, the Dealer was able to correct some of the issues but not all. Plus they say I will find more after a shakedown trip or 2.
All in All we are very pleased with it so far. Holland RV in San Marcos has been super to deal with.
I added the Mor/Ryde 4000 and the Mor/Ryde pinbox. The rig felt really good on the 40 mile drive home.
Gonna take a run over the mountains to Yuma for a quick shakedown trip.
Also picked up a TPMS system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new trailer.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	7736  
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:56 AM   #2
Major105bc

Nice rig. What glitches did you find?
2013 Ultra Classic
2002 Heritage Springer
Major105bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
socalhd

Mainly cosmetic so far. Some Graphics have been cut and peeling. When they installed the wood garage door. Someone was having a really bad day. The door latch and strike plate were a good half inch off. The dealer tried to fix it. But being that far off. They need to replace the door jam
Old 01-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
She is home but not without a few Glitches though, the Dealer was able to correct some of the issues but not all. Plus they say I will find more after a shakedown trip or 2.
I hate to hear that because that means they are just trying to put you off, hoping the year goes by quickly and all of a sudden you are out of warranty. I bet you next time you take it back they will have it for 2-3 months and still not get everything done. Lame excuse that you will find more stuff down the road and you can bring it back in later and they will get everything taken care of then. If they can't fix everything now, that gives me very little hope of getting anything done in the future. Did Best RV open a dealership in SoCal?
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Every new unit that I do a walkthrough for, I instruct the new owners to take it out with a pad and pen/pencil. While any good and decent tech does their best to eliminate any and all issues, when you look at the shear size and number of different components and systems it's not that hard to overlook some minor issue.

I don't see it as a "put off" at all. We have sent units off with parts on order, so at least the customer CAN take a shakedown trip. What will determine the type of dealer they are is when he does take it back in. Let's wait and see before we talk bad about the dealer he chose.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #6
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Every new unit that I do a walkthrough for, I instruct the new owners to take it out with a pad and pen/pencil. While any good and decent tech does their best to eliminate any and all issues, when you look at the shear size and number of different components and systems it's not that hard to overlook some minor issue.

I don't see it as a "put off" at all. We have sent units off with parts on order, so at least the customer CAN take a shakedown trip. What will determine the type of dealer they are is when he does take it back in. Let's wait and see before we talk bad about the dealer he chose.
We will see....I won't have moved it off the lot, but that's just me. Rather have them keep it another week and get everything fixed. I never wasted my time going back for stuff that I could take care of myself, so why make an unnecessary trip back if you can get everything taken care of the 1st time around.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
socalhd

I'm confident they will fix it.They have been good to me so far. Hope they find the keys to the ramp garage door locks.
The fridge has been on and now I hear a fan running. Is that normal? It is on LP.
Hitting the road in a few.
The tech said they checked lugnut torque and tire pressure, which should have been 80. I did a tire minder install and found tire pressure at 60. I filled them to specs.
What is lug torque supposed to be?
Old 01-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Unless I have documentation to the contrary, I torque to 120. Take the wrench with you, as there have been cases of the lug studs needing a bunch of miles to fully seat.

Check them before you head out, and then again before you head home. After that, its as often as you feel needed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #9
pawpaw

Nice rig...best of luck with it.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #10
BeaverRZR

Congrats. You will really enjoy it
Old 01-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #11
socalhd

Well I took it over the hill to Yuma for a quick overnighter in a Walmart parking lot. I have to say this rig hauls nicer than my 06 Sierra ever did. With the Mor/Ryde 4000 and the Mor/Ryde Hitch it was awesome.
I also installed the TireMinder M66 and found that gives a nice peace of mind. Ive had some bad tire experiences in the past.
For the most part everything seems to work correctly but do have some issues in need of attention.
- The coach door came open in transit even after being locked (not good)
- The Hydraulics are weeping where the motor attaches to the reservoir
- The return to hitch mode on the Levelers has been disabled. Not sure why
- Missing the owners manual and the charger for the Remote
Even with the issues which I believe will be resolved, this Fuzion is a major step up from our Sierra.
The bathroom and shower are roomy. The Bed is comfy and I don't feel cramped in the bedroom. The living room with the 3 recliners and fireplace, Wow.
We Love it

There are a couple other issues but we will be taking it out again next weekend to an actual Campground for another good shakedown
Old 01-20-2015, 06:16 AM   #12
BeaverRZR

Take 20 min and crawl into your storage space, remove the false wall, charge your plumbing and monitor. I had issues with multiple leaks from only hand tight fittings. Also found a bunch of construction debris back there that needed cleaned up.

Your door latch needs adjusted, easy 5min fix. I usually fold my assist handle over the doors so I dont have to worry about them opening. I also do this to avoid folding it over the kitchen slide. Ive ruined two handles so far by putting the slide out and forgetting to put the handle out
Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #13
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
- The Hydraulics are weeping where the motor attaches to the reservoir
- The return to hitch mode on the Levelers has been disabled. Not sure why
Make sure its just not the reservoir that is just not overfilled and being pushed out a bit while driving or bringing in the slide. Mine popped so I did the fork oil trick and was able to fill to the proper lever and it got rid of the weeping and popping.

I believe I have read the 6 point will not return to hitch height if when it auto levels it has to level higher than that point. When it levels lower that function will work. That's how it is on mine and others I have read. It could be a software flaw, but obviously my trailer is 2 years older than yours and does it, so they have had ample opportunity to fix it and haven't. It doesn't bother me.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #14
14Fuzion

Also have the 342

I have a 2014 342 and love it. Also had some small issues, but every brand/model does. My doors had that pop open issue as well, and they had to move the strikers so they locked correctly to resolve it. Thank goodness I had the grab bars folded forward which kept them from swinging open!!

Hydraulic seep on mine was a line to the reservoir that worked a bit loose. Little wrench twist fixed that!

One thing that WAS a big deal was a cut in the rubber roof from the factory. 3 units at my dealer alone had been cut that way. Razor knife along the mounting flange for the a/c unit. Pull the covers off and check yours to be sure. Had to have a new roof membrane and wood decking replaced when we finally found it. Water had filled the bedroom ceiling and ended up pouring out on the bed.

Keystone took care of all of it tho. Hopefully they fired the idiot with the razor knife at the factory!!!

Some other little things, but all in all I love this thing! Owned it 2 days when I set off from Orlando to Laramie WY - stayed 2 months and headed back. Scrap the tires right away if they're the nasty Chinese ones they put on at the factory. Lost all 4 in just over 4,000 miles round trip. Blown sidewalls ....
14Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #15
dpcrf450

We love our 342. Issues to date have been stock tires developed large bubbles, Battery disconnect solenoid (no power coming to trailer) and our furnance (probably the fan/blower motor or shaft) is going out. Not real happy with these items having issues so soon but the layout of the trailer has worked great for us. I have added four batteries, inverter, 500 watts of solar panels as we dry camp 100% of the time. No other issues.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Yep...tires are junk. Was lucky and never had a problem, but was not going to chance another trip. Put Sailuns on last week. Actually found a guy to give me $130 for the 4 old tires.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #17
socalhd

Well we are out in the unit as I write this. So far no further major issues. It seems tha valve for the galley holding tank is not working properly. There was water in the tube when I got to our spot and poured out when I released the cap. I checked the handle today and found you really have to push hard on it to get it to close feels like something is creating some resistance. But can't see the actual valve because the belly is closed.
It also appears the heats trip in the rear air is not working. Not sure what to expect from a Heatstrip in an AC unit. How warm it should feel etc. I never had 1 before.
Kind of weird that the belly storage actually gets heated with the furnace. Seems to me it would be better having that Heat the xabin

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 01-24-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
chuckster57
Site Team

Your gray tank valve issue will be the seals on the blade valve, simple fix.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:42 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Well we are out in the unit as I write this. So far no further major issues. It seems tha valve for the galley holding tank is not working properly. There was water in the tube when I got to our spot and poured out when I released the cap. I checked the handle today and found you really have to push hard on it to get it to close feels like something is creating some resistance. But can't see the actual valve because the belly is closed.
It also appears the heats trip in the rear air is not working. Not sure what to expect from a Heatstrip in an AC unit. How warm it should feel etc. I never had 1 before. Kind of weird that the belly storage actually gets heated with the furnace. Seems to me it would be better having that Heat the xabin
Many people have found that the heat strip in their A/C was not plugged into the power source in the A/C. Remove the inner cover from the A/C, make sure the heat strip power cord is plugged in and try it again. From my experience, the heat strip does not "blow warm air" that can be checked with a hand over a vent, rather it slowly heats the air in the RV. It doesn't have the heat output to "rapidly heat" or to "noticeably warm" the air, rather it gradually increases the temperature, often it's not even a noticeable warming, but eventually it does seem warmer. You won't "feel the difference" just by using your hand over a vent.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:56 AM   #20
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Your gray tank valve issue will be the seals on the blade valve, simple fix.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.
The hardest part would just be dropping part of the underbelly/coroplast