Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #21
Badlands Dog

Mice.......rats!

We've always used dryer sheets with very good success. Be sure to mow the grass short where you park the camper as mice don't seem to like short grass in the winter. We buy a box of dryer sheets when we are ready to store it and use the ENTIRE box. Be very liberal with them; they are very cheap compared to the headaches mice can make (we buy Bounce-not the cheapest sheets we can find). As another member also mentioned, bait the area around the camper and stop them outside. Cover the bait so they will eat it in an area where they feel secure. I like the idea of a plastic pipe, we'll begin using one this fall, that is, if summer ever gets here!

I had an area at my previous job where I could park the fiver on concrete and mowed the grass around the pad and used dryer sheets. Worked very well. Now we park it beside a garage and a tree row with tall grass and keep it mowed all summer.

Remember, feed the mice, mow the grass, and use a box of dryer sheets-especially around the slide-outs and doors. Sticky traps at the probable points of entry are very good too and check them throughout the winter.
Badlands Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #22
Murphsmom

Or you could try a redneck mouse trap. Google it to get a chuckle. Don't see why it wouldn't work, though.
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #23
Dogman

We used the Mouse free it worked for us. I put it on in September,2013 and haven't had mice in the camper. I put the mouse free on myself no problem it was easy. my Fuzion FZ 301 took 1 1/2 gallons and I put it on heavy. I live on a farm And campers parked at the barn with woods and fields right beside it. My DW was so happy she didn't have to clean out the cabinets when we went camping 3 Weeks ago. I will use it again.
http://www.mouse-free.com
2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #24
AlbertaRvMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
We used the Mouse free it worked for us. I put it on in September,2013 and haven't had mice in the camper. I put the mouse free on myself no problem it was easy. my Fuzion FZ 301 took 1 1/2 gallons and I put it on heavy. I live on a farm And campers parked at the barn with woods and fields right beside it. My DW was so happy she didn't have to clean out the cabinets when we went camping 3 Weeks ago. I will use it again.
http://www.mouse-free.com
Hello,
I pick up my rv on April 14. I plan to buy and apply the mouse free at that time.

- How long did it take you to apply?
- do you require an air compressor to apply it?

Any thing to be aware of while applying it?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #25
Dogman

Go to the mouse free website they have a video of them spraying the product. I used a little pancake compressor and it takes about 1 hour to spray. The product is natural. I bought a kit that came with 1 galleon and the sprayer and 1 galleon bt itself. I purchased on line from Mouse Free
2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote