Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #1
socalhd

Info on Best RV Ca

Looking for experiences with purchases from Best RV in Turlock Ca
I am in San Diego so it is a 7 hour drive. Their advertised prices are worth the drive, compared to pricing in my area.
I've read some internet reviews but most have to do with Service which obviously I will not use.
I was looking at a 14 Fuzion 342 but we walked thru a 15 Fuzion 371 yesterday and fell in love with it. The dealer here said 80k and best RV is advertising for 64k
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Only my opinion

They are extra willing to "help" you buy, but unwilling to do anything after the purchase.

They were forced to close down when they were located in Manteca, and I know three people that said they were sorry they bought there.

One bought a trailer, waited for the dealer to prep, and when he showed up to pick up his BRAND NEW unit, it had a hole in the side. Best claimed he purchased it that way and refused to do anything about it.

In the last 6 months I have lost count of the customers that bought there but brought their unit to us for warranty work after the sour taste Best left on their mouth.

Anyway, being 7 hours away I doubt your looking for any work to be done after the purchase. All I can say is INSPECT that unit completely BEFORE YOU SIGN...

I am not bad mouthing them because I work for a different dealer, but I have first hand knowledge.

Need to know more? PM me.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
christopherglenn

Bought out first trailer there, the sales were above and beyond - until the contract was signed. They attempted to send me home with 30 psi in 50 psi tires, and it was pulling teeth to get an air hose to top them off. The service was a joke, and not a funny one. I went to an independent for work when I could not handle it myself. As long as you don't plan on servicing it there (and at 7 hours I wouldn't) it may not be a bad deal.
2013 Yamaha 242LS
2010 GMC Yukon The Bus
2005 Chevrolet 2500 CC/SB Duramax 4X4 Hers (sold)
2006 Jayco Jay Flight 31BHS (sold)
christopherglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

My reply from your other thread.

"Good Old Best RV. Crooks and liars at the best. Since you are so far away you will only be purchasing for the price and no after sale service. Which will be in your best interest. If you do purchase from them make sure you get everything and I mean everything the trailer is supposed to come with, the one and only time you are there. Full of promises to get you to buy, full of excuses after the purchase on why they cannot deliver on their promises.

I bought from them based on price only and had no expectations or desire to go back to them for after sale service. Their reputation is well known and documented in the internet."

I had as issue over a $130 item that was supposed to come with the trailer. After 6-8 months and dozens of phone calls and lies I gave up on getting satisfaction from them. They kept telling me they were going to call me back. Never once did they ever return 1 call. Said they contacted Keystone and the item was coming in a week on the next delivery they were getting from the factory. I called Keystone and they had no record of Best RV contacting them regarding this item.

Its buyer beware with them. Make sure you go in with your eyes wide open and don't let them push you around. You only get one shot to get it right and its right before you sign on the dotted line. After that its game over.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
tmpaes

I live in Turlock and did visit them to price a unit while we were shopping. Yes their prices were very good. Our plan was to purchase close to home, so our purchase was based on sales and service. After doing the research and hearing the horror stories we decided to make our purchase from Pan Pacific in Lathrop. So I can't speak personally about doing business with Best, because we chose not too, but to only relate our personal experience and advise you to do your research, search the internet and visit the Better Business Bureau, I found my search on the BBB very enlightening. Good luck with your purchase.

tmpaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #6
maverick_415

I bought three travel trailers from Best RV in the last four years and each experience was great. All three travel trailers were in flawless condition and I had the first two for two years each with no repairs of any kind needed. Keep in mind that Best RV sells literally thousands of RV's each year and there will be complaints. The complaint rate from the total number of buyers if actually very low. In comparison Forest River sells more RV's than any RV manufacturer there is and they also have the most RV mfg complaints so it is all relative. Best RV prices RV's to sell and not to sit on the lot for months and years at a time. They sell fresh units with very little foot traffic through them. They do the dealer prep as soon as the units are received. They have people driving hundreds of miles to buy and they want the RV's ready to go and not waiting for repairs of items the dealer didn't button up before shipping. This is a hated dealer in the RV dealer industry because of their pricing methods. I did all of my homework on Best RV before going there and followed my gut instinct. Best RV is about 100 miles from me and I tried to buy elsewhere but prices were thousands higher. I tried working with Outlet RV in Fresno and that place was a nightmare for me. The sales guy Bart is a flat out lair. I drove four hours to Fresno to buy a Laredo and when I got there there was a laundry list of significant issues they failed to tell me about. They already had a work order typed up and said I could buy it and then begin the repair process, no thanks! Anyway, back to Best RV, I did get some very rude customer service from one of the customer service people when calling to ask questions. I ended up talking to the owner Nile to get around this. I've gotten to know Nile, the owner of Best RV and he's a stand up guy. They have gone above and beyond for me and I could not be happier with Best RV. I hope this helps and if you have more questions or would like to speak on the phone just let me know.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
I've gotten to know the owner of Best RV Nile and he's a stand up guy.
Maybe he wasn't the owner when this occured?

http://www.turlockjournal.com/archives/4768/

Just askin......

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:55 PM   #8
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Maybe he wasn't the owner when this occured?

http://www.turlockjournal.com/archives/4768/

Just askin......

He was there. Here is a video report from the TV news. They show him and mention him by name.

There is no disputing that they have some low prices, but no one is complaining about the low prices. Its either the way they were treated before, during, or after the sale. Karen in service is a lying piece of $#&%. She is even on Yelp defending the company, calling customers liars and questioning their stories while at the same time saying she doesn't work for Best RV. Niles ought to tell his employees to stay off the internet. They are only making his company look worse, if that is possible.

I bought from them and the transaction went fine. I made sure to walk in with my own financing, so we didn't have to do that dance. A few days later when you find something missing and it should be an easy replacement by the dealership is when the fun and games begin.

Here is the Yelp review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-rv-center-turlock-2

There are another 100 not recommended reviews to click on at the bottom of the page. An isolated incident? I think not. Heck I didn't even post my negative review on Yelp after seeing that the point has been made. Its buyer beware with Best RV
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #9
socalhd

Thanks guys. My Local Dealer is close enough in price to stick with them. Unless this deal falls thru.
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Hope it all works out, and if so congrats and post pictures.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #11
maverick_415

I read this before buying the first of my three RV's from them four years ago. It's an old story. I brought it up to them and heard their side of it and it was an interesting story.

They must have been convicted of crimes, sent to prison and shut down for good after this occurred or what happened? Since the stories are on the internet it must all be true right?

I will say that I have not had any issues with any of the three RV's I bought from them so I was not subjected to the negative service experience after the sale that so many others have complained about. All I have heard from Nile and Best RV is I will take care of you and they have by saving me thousands of dollars on brand new RV's. They haven't done me wrong and if they do I'll be right back here to tell you about it.

I actually posted a positive review about Best RV on Yelp and Yelp deleted it. A friend of mine owns a business (not RV) and said that Yelp called him to discuss some type of advertising contributions and when he told them he would consider but no thanks that many of the positive reviews were deleted right after. He said he even had friends try to write positive reviews for his business from their personal computers and those got deleted as well. I'm skeptical of how Yelp operates so again, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Anyway, I hope the original poster got a good deal on his new RV, where ever he ended up getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
He was there. Here is a video report from the TV news. They show him and mention him by name.

There is no disputing that they have some low prices, but no one is complaining about the low prices. Its either the way they were treated before, during, or after the sale. Karen in service is a lying piece of $#&%. She is even on Yelp defending the company, calling customers liars and questioning their stories while at the same time saying she doesn't work for Best RV. Niles ought to tell his employees to stay off the internet. They are only making his company look worse, if that is possible.

I bought from them and the transaction went fine. I made sure to walk in with my own financing, so we didn't have to do that dance. A few days later when you find something missing and it should be an easy replacement by the dealership is when the fun and games begin.

Here is the Yelp review: http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-rv-center-turlock-2

There are another 100 not recommended reviews to click on at the bottom of the page. An isolated incident? I think not. Heck I didn't even post my negative review on Yelp after seeing that the point has been made. Its buyer beware with Best RV
Old 05-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
JayTee

We had a positive experience.

In 2013 we bought a brand new Alumalite Ultra Edition 207QB Travel Trailer (by Holiday Rambler). They were the only dealer we could find that had them at the time within a reasonable distance. We were able to negotiate a really good price on the unit. Because we paid cash there was no financing shenanigans. We had to buy a new EZLift Hitch and they did the installation for a decent price. Our pre-delivery walk through was fairly abbreviated but we had been RVing for about 15 years previously so we were okay with that. The only issue we ever had was the Auto-Switch-over valve on the propane needed to be replaced and they handled that under warranty. No complaints.
JayTee is offline   Reply With Quote