Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Geegee

Modifications on Passport 23RB

Has anyone done any modifications on your Passport Ultra Lite Elite 23RB?

Had to replace the mattress?

We are thinking about buying one but wondered what those of you who have one and have been using it for awhile have any observations, suggestions, discoveries you would share about this particular trailer.
Geegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Replacing the OEM mattress in many RV makes and models is pretty much standard practice. Many people find the supplied "mattress" very uncomfortable and often buy a foam topper to solve this "back breaking" issue. The Passport 23RB's mattress is probably no exception.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:39 AM   #3
slow

Modifications on Passport 23RB

The supplied mattress is OK to start with. At 185 lbs, I almost bottom it out when on my side.

I have made a number of mods to our 23RB. LED bulbs in the interior and the porch and hook up light on the exterior, Maxxair remote control fan in kitchen, Maxxair vent hood over bath vent fan, two 5"x5" vinyl fence post sleeves mounted under the trailer near the rear. One for the sewer hose and the second for the ladder. Replaced BBQ mount bracket on rear bumper with a poly tool box for levelling blocks, etc. Use a 2 x 4 plastic table for the BBQ now with a longer propane hose. Swapped out the baggage door locks. Replaced the cover for the electrical cable last weekend with a Marino/Parker disconnect version. Bought the 30 amp conversion kit and a black receptical to match the color scheme and painted the adapter plate black. The mattress is going to goodwill tonight with a new mattress going in next spring when out of storage. Currently working on a trim piece made of wood to cover the plastic wood simulation tape over the 15 degree corner to the right of the oven. (The staples under the tape are showing through.)

I am planing to add a heat duct and register to the bath when the parts arrive as well as a damper controlled ceiling register for the a/c in the bath since the a/c blasts into the bathroom.

That will complete the planned mods for now but I expect a request for a towel holder in the bath and a tilt feature on the TV in the near future. A porcelain toilet would be nice if I can find one for a good price. The plastic throne creaks a lot when sat on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote