Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
mjc1123

Finally narrowed it down to 2650BH

We have looked at many different brands and models and finally have decided on the 2650BH. This model fits our needs of Bunkhouse, slideout, and weight. I will be pulling with F-150 Supercab.

We only have one dealer in our area who stocks this model. They have one on order and I am now trying to decide on approach on purchasing.

Should we make offer prior to it's arrival or wait until it arrives?

Should we order one made to order?

I am looking for any owners of this model to give their thoughts on this trailer and others to give thoughts on purchasing strategy. We have never owned an RV but have tent camped through the years. Our daughter is 7 yrs old and we feel this is a great time to began this adventure.

Thanks,

Mike
mjc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
GaryWT

If the unit is the one you want and the color is right, talk price with them, see how low you can get it. Might need to put a deposit on it so no one else can come in to grab it, just be sure it is refundable if it is not as you want it. If there is something special you want or need then order one, price will most likely be the same.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #3
Floton

We love ours!
Floton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
gsmith31

I have a 2013 2650bh and we love the tt. It tows great and has plenty of room, I pull it with a 2014 chevy 1500 silverado and it pulls the TT with out any issues.
gsmith31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
mjc1123

Thanks for replies. We haven't negotiated price but was wondering what is fair price for both us and dealer.
mjc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Nuckledragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc1123 View Post
Thanks for replies. We haven't negotiated price but was wondering what is fair price for both us and dealer.
I have the same question. Unfortunately, I haven't found a site like Truecar that will give you a sales price. There are a lot of factors that go into the final price but want to make sure I am in the ballpark. Win win for both parties.
Nuckledragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

I am not aware of a site that gives pricing on RVs either. You could just google the unit you are thinking about. There will probably be at least a half dozen dealers advertising that model and you can compare pricing using that. I also don't think I would even discuss buying the rv if the dealership didn't come off at least 10-15% from the list price on the spec sheet. From what I can tell the RV has as much markup as any auto so they have room to play. Just my thoughts.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
mikebrls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckledragger View Post
I have the same question. Unfortunately, I haven't found a site like Truecar that will give you a sales price. There are a lot of factors that go into the final price but want to make sure I am in the ballpark. Win win for both parties.
I would say 20 to 25 % off msrp would be fare
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
GmaPaTime

I would suggest you get a couple online prices from like RVWholesalers or RVDirect or the like. These will be prices that are on the low end but would require traveling to pickup so they don't include shipping expenses. These would give you at least an opening offer price and see if they bite at it. As someone else said, it should be in the 20-25% off MSRP range.

Good luck and don't be pressured by the dealer into paying a price you're not confortable with. Stand firm. Remember, it's your money and they want it.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #10
Shadowcats

We did a lot of looking...had several dealers in the area. Went on line and found Lakeshore RV in MI - they were $10,000 cheaper on the unit we wanted...well worth the drive to get it. Check around and don't settle for anything less than what you want and are happy with. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #11
ImTravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcats View Post
We did a lot of looking...had several dealers in the area. Went on line and found Lakeshore RV in MI - they were $10,000 cheaper on the unit we wanted...well worth the drive to get it. Check around and don't settle for anything less than what you want and are happy with. Good luck!
We did the same thing and went to Lakeshore and saved about $10,000 compared to local prices. Even had one dealer say if it's that cheap he'd go buy them and put them on his lot..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD