Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
dancedox

Anyone use the Andersen no-sway weight distributing hitch?

Haven't picked up my '15 Summerland 2600 yet, but trying to get everything all lined up to go when I do. I'm looking at different WD/Anti-sway set-ups and just wondering if anyone out there is using the Andersen "No-Sway" weight distributing hitch and has any feedback on it.

Thanks.
dancedox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #2
RandT1016

I got the Andersen No Sway when we bought our Bullet 272BHS and have had no issues with it whatsoever. Install was easy - just need a torque wrench to set the clamp bolts on the ball assly and the tongue brackets. They provide a billet socket for the big tightening nut. The video on Youtube is very helpful. I pull with an 08 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain and have maybe an 1" of sag in the back end. The first pull was on I90 and butting about a 30-35mph head wind then crosswind as we turned north. Between the crosswind and passing a few produce semis I had no sway at all. The chains do creak and pop on real sharp backing corners like a traditional anti-sway, but otherwise it's virtually silent. Been very happy with it!
RandT1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #3
Whitewolf

I'm sorry but I don't have one. That being said, after much research, if I hadn't gotten a 5r, I would have purchased one.

'14 Montana High Country 305RL - Reese Goose Box - Morryde HD shackles & wet bolts - JoyRider shocks - JT StrongArms - Torklift steps - Correct Track - Progressive EMS-HW50C - Clear Source water filter - On The Go water softener
'21 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins - Sinister Diesel oil bypass
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #4
Straasha

I had one for about a year. At the time I had a 2008 GMC 1500 Denali pulling a Laredo 291TG. No matter what I did, I could not get rid of the sway and it was extremely "bouncy". I contacted Andersen several times but none of their suggestions helped. When I moved from Ohio to California, the sway and bounce was so bad in South Dakota that I stopped and bought the Blue Ox SwayPro. All my sway and bounce problems went away. If you have a lighter trailer, it may work for you but I would not recommend one for a slightly heavier trailer.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Clanton24v

I have had mine for a couple of years now and love it. There are several lengthy posts on a couple other forums about this hitch.
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Clanton24v

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/25717515.cfm
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote