Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
Ruffus

Question TV Head Scratcher???

Got satillite TV in the RV yesterday. Hook up the outside sat. plug to the sat. receiver and TV in the living area works fine. Tried to hook into the the wall plug to get TV into the bedroom and no signal. Opened up the amp cover and disconnected all the cables and hooked directly into the TV and still no signal. Ran a cable on the floor to the TV and the box and TV works fine. Is there another splitter somewhere in the ceiling that I can't see? There are three coax cables in the amp box. White is the antenna and two black, one for the living area tv and the other for the other outside plug for a outdoor tv. The bedroom tv plugs right into the amp box and to the antenna. Any ideas???
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
dea3851

TV not working

Ruffus, I had trouble with my TV system on my Cougar, 318 SAB, found loosecable connections not done right, or not put together at all , my tv didn't work in the living area at all, found cable wire to short and pulled apart, I fixed that and put all cable ends on all cables and everything works fine now, good luck. Don
dea3851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

Don't think you can run that signal to the bedroom. Antenna wire will not conduct satellite signal, and also the booster interferes with it. On my Raptor, every tv that can run off of the satellite has 2 cable connections in the wall, one for the antenna and one for sat. In Keystones' infinite wisdom, of course nothing is marked. I'm not sure anymore if they are different colors or not. You can either fish a new connection thru the wall or run it on the floor like you did to test it. Good Luck.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Sparrow5181

We had reception problems on our tv since day one. With the Outback we got excellent antenna reception in our driveway. We thought maybe the amplifier/ signal booster was bad so we tried one we had laying around the house. It helped a bit so I contacted the dealer and asked that they send us a replacement and we would return the original. Not wanting to drive the 1 1/2 hrs each way to the dealer or loose valuable camping time for so minor an issue. I don't camp to sit and watch television but it's nice to get a weather forcast or some news now and then. Long story short - no better. It was actually a bit better with no amplifier at all. DH replaced the COAX cable from the booster to the set because the ends were loose and we were afraid the whole COAX system was poorly wired. Never could get more than a few stations to scan in and then very poorly. Finally took it up to dealer at the end of the season to get a few other minor issues taken care of under warranty. They tested it and decided the tv was bad so Keystone replaced it. I haven't seen it yet but DH says it is better.
Sparrow5181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Ruffus

Talking TV Head Scratcher

Thanks guys. Haven't been able to do much today because of the rain. I was aware that the booster and antenna would not handle the signal so I disconnected the cables that run to the Television. I got under the trailer before the rain started and found a coax that was pulled apart from being to short fixed it now have to wait for a better day. Thanks again for all the info, you guys and this blog is great.
Jim B
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

Jim, If you have separate outside inputs for sat. and cable you should have a disconnected cable of a different color behind the RF connector plate. I don't know if this will help when using one receiver for two tvs. I think the sat cable is gray.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Outbackmel

More Cable assist needed

On my 2011 Outback 5er; the Sat (DISH) in my home area works GREAT...first trip and BINGO; trying to use provided "cable" tv at the campground and fed the cable wire into the receiving port just under the Sat port on the rear o/s wall....nothing...dead-o....took the cable direct to the TV by fortunately having 40ft cable and PRESTO works fine as a direct connect. (through the front door) That saves my life for Dancing with the Stars finale tomorrow,( wife would make my life very difficult ) but obviously not good as a "solution"....any comments appreciated....need this to work,,,,on the road for two weeks.....
Input please.....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote