Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Javi

Installed Ford 5th wheel prep kit & air bags

Buddy and I installed the Reese/Ford 5th wheel prep kit and a set of Firestone RideRite air bags #2535 on the TV on Saturday. the entire process took the two of us a total of 3 hours and 45 minutes from back in to drive out. Not bad for a broke down old man and a youngster.

Both kits went in clean with the only real trouble being breaking the p-clip that Ford uses to attach the DEF tank bracket to the frame. That wasn't a big deal and it had to be removed anyway in order to install the upper bracket for the air bag on the driver's side.

Big improvement in ride quality with the air bags, even empty and noticeable instantly.

Next step.... got to find the cash for the new 5'er but now I'm ready to tow it...
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Jim & DJ

Air bags

I have an 07 F350 D and installed Firestone air bags a few years ago and the only probloem is the air chuck, compressor in bed and the increasing of the pressure. Been in service for 5 years or more. Awsome !!
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote