Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
freakeshow

TV's In Raptor's

Hey,

does anyone have any idea why Keystone puts uch cheap tv's in there higher end RV's,

They put complete sony sound systems in them but cheap out on the tv's with some after market gunk,

Just dont make sence when you spend that kind of coin on such a nice unit but then have to go out and spend another 600 to 1000 on a good name brand tv with warrenty that will last.

Kinda off topic but my Raptor came with 3 different set of blinds, A real nice set in living area behind on the couch, then a cheap set off the bedroom and kitchen with even a cheaper 5 dollar set in the garage,

Basically, with such a nice unit why do they cheap out on the small things and mismatch everything, just doesnt seem Keystone has any consiantcy, but i hope thats not true and there just being cheap on a few things and putting actual quailty building materials into the rest.

Just a rant but any feed back woulds be great.

Thanks,
freakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
SlowPoke

My Passport wouldn't be considered the "Ghetto" model, and I paid plenty of coin on mine, It also has the cheap blinds in the kitchen area and bedroom. I understand the kitchen, as they get greasy, and dirty quicker, and the ones I have from Keystone would be easier to clean for sure than the nice day/night cloth shades in the back of my unit. As far as TV's, mine is a Jensen, which is not the "Creme de la creme" but isn't a "Pionear" (yes I spelled that incorrectly on purpose, like those cheap copyright knockoffs you used to see at the "Audio Blowout" sales they have from time to time.)

Nor is it a cheaper Audiovox...but not to brand bash, I'm just saying, they probably say they have to draw a line somewhere, these things aren't custom built Prevost's

LOL...Hope I didn't come off abrasively, I understand exactly what you are saying... I guess I just figure I'm cool with what I got, if not I understand I gotta pay a bit more to install what I specifically feel would be better equipment.

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We have a Springdale, probably one of the least expensive Keystone RV's. Our TV is an LG. Soooooo ???

Now, not to "brand bash" but if you take the back off of about 90% of the "various brand" LCD TV's you'll find "SAMSUNG" stamped on the chassis somewhere. Additionally, nearly all the display units (actual screens) for all LCD TV's are made in one plant in China. So, pretty much, no matter what flat screen TV you buy, you're getting a Chinese display unit hooked to a Samsung chassis in a "specialty case" with a name brand on it.

There are some differences, but not many.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
MarkS

I think every trailer has the cheapy metal ones in the kitchen. My guess is they don't want flammable ones next to the gas burners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #5
EricLynnAllison

My 410 Raptor has Sony Sound and TV. As for the metal blinds in the kitchen, they are close to the stove and sink. I do love the cloth blinds though,
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Samsung 42" in the living room.

Some Emerson (?) 19" in bedroom.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
freakeshow

thanks for the insite on the blinds, my stove is no where close to my blinds,

I see above someone else has a 410 raptor, this is the same unit i just bought, 2013 410Lev Velocity package, My tv's are not Sony.

But i did do some reserach last night, and it explains that Sony has another sub Tv dealer, Sansui, so basicaly when there Sony brand does not meet QA specs, they tear it down, fix it and restamp it Sansui and seel them for half the cost. So basiclly a Sony just not as of the same grade as it didnt make the QA ( Quality Control ).

So far, thanks for everyones opinions, keep them coming.

Thanks,
freakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote