Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Charli

Shower size

We are shopping for a new 5er and one of the priorities is a larger shower. One of the frustrations when looking at the various websites is there is very seldom any mention of the shower dimensions. The exception being some of the newer floor plans with the rectangular "residential showers" which often quote the dimensions, 30"x50" up to 60", sometimes including a seat. Great for shaving ones legs, or so my DW tells me. I wouldn't mind taking a shower without banging my elbows or being able to bend over to get the shampoo without banging my head and posterior at the same time..
i have measured our shower from the corner to the side wall and it measures 30". Does anyone know how they do their measurements and how to find out the shower measurements of various makes.
I'm thinking a model with the residential shower will be the eventual winner. Good thing more models seem to be coming out with these larger showers.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
JeffS

Check out the Cougar 333MKS. Nice large shower and even has a built in shower seat.
Huntley, Illinois
formerly Norton Shores, Michigan
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
hankaye

Charli, Howdy;

Generally the measurements are taken from the outside corners.
The one below is a 36"x36" that is from the "inside" corner, from
the left of the drain in the picture.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...shower-pan.htm

Hope that helps.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Charli

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS View Post
Check out the Cougar 333MKS. Nice large shower and even has a built in shower seat.
We have pretty much limited our search to those units with the rectangular residential shower. This appears to be the coming trend and it doesn't seem that you are sacrificing space in other areas, at least it's not obvious.
The layout of the Cougar 333MKS checks off pretty much all of our interior layout wishes. Lots of closet space in the bedroom with a nightstand and a chest of drawers at the foot of the bed. Also has the hall doorway at the head of the bed which would make it feel roomier, less claustrophobic. I wish they had washer/dryer prep. Kitchen layout looks great with lots of storage and has a closet at the door for coats, shoes, etc. I do wish the chairs and couch were switched for watching TV. Wonder if the cabinet between the two chairs can be removed or does it house the electric cord. Hope L/R furniture is better quality than ours. Wish they had more options; I.e. dual pane windows, electric rear jacks, LCD lighting package, dump handles in control centre, and the list goes on.
The other potentials on our list is the Sundance, Crusader, and Wildcat among others. It will probably come down to money, as most things do.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
micar

Love the shower in our 333mks. The cabinet between the recliners hides the electrical inlet. No problem seeing the TV from any seats. It pulls out and swivels.
Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote