Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Barker Blue Tote

This is more of a "How do I di this" rather than a "This is what I did".

My problem... I have a Barker Blue Tote with no way to transport/store it. Right now it rides in the trailer everywhere we go, but only because it's never been used. Once that happens, the only other option is for it to ride in the back of the truck. And then, I still have to unload it and secure it under the trailer in storage. I had the mounting kit that I used with a previous trailer, but my Outback has a large rear window and there is no place to attach the carrier to the rear of the trailer.
I'm down to figuring out how to secure it under the trailer and the only thing I can come up with is to remove a section of coroplast between the frame I-beams where there is no tank and build a carrier under the floor of the trailer. Just wondering if anyone else has done it this way and if so, would be kind enough to share photos of how you did it.

Color me out of ideas...

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Bob ---

What about attaching it to the rear bumper (if you have one)????
Old 07-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Bob Landry

I'm out of room. The storage box goes over to the shore power inlet which is in the center of the wall and the spare tire is on the other side. I think my only option is going to be under the trailer somehow.

I have had several PMs wanting to know where I had the box built. Iy came from a guy in Conn. His phone and email are below. I've also had inquiries on how the bumper was reinforced and the box mounted. The next time I'm at the trailer, I'll take some photos and see if I can come up with a decent thread to answer everyone's questions. Who knows, it may even achieve "Sticky Status"

Mark Proul 203 228 2164 [email protected].

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #4
3P'sInACougar

Well it looks like u might have enough room under the tool box. U could make a hanging bracket under tool box mounted to the bumper. I also have seen on here where another member did mount his tank under his trailer in an angle iron bracket that he hinged up under the trailer. Good luck. Another member on here maid one out of a round plastic tank that was smaller in size than ur tank. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3P'sInACougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
michol02

Bob, I thought of doing the same thing. I even unbolted the coroplast and looked around. I'm sure it could be done, but I'm not sure I'm ready to tackle that mod. I would like to see some pics and ideas also.

Visit Mods album in my profile
michol02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
Mighty Ming

I mounted my spare tire under the trailer and left room for a tote or whatever else I may need to haul n hide. Here's some pics. The other side not shown has more room. This is just one of many ways. Good luck. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374475642.706986.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	3690Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374475700.320481.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	3691

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Javi

I just carry mine in be pickup bed (8') and shove it under the trailer handy to the dump valve when in camp. Lately though I been thinking of buying a macerator pump and just leaving the dumpette in the truck. Seems like a lot of work to build racks and move stuff around to accommodate something that really doesn't get used much. But I generally stay in FHU sites if possible.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
Bob Landry

That's kinda where I'm at with it. It's a little bit of a pain to move it in and out of the truck bed, but we don't go out that often, and when we stay at COE parks with no sewer hookup, we have yet need to go dump before we were ready to leave. Mine has never been used and I don't know if it ever will be. I just take it along "just in case".

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 07-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
bpetroni

Rera bumper mount tool box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
I'm out of room. The storage box goes over to the shore power inlet which is in the center of the wall and the spare tire is on the other side. I think my only option is going to be under the trailer somehow.

I was wondering where you purchased your tool box in the pic above?
Thank You
Dogs 1 pitt-bull, 1 Ridgeback and a crazy mutt
bpetroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Bob Landry

Edited the above post to include his contact info..

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 07-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
That's kinda where I'm at with it. It's a little bit of a pain to move it in and out of the truck bed, but we don't go out that often, and when we stay at COE parks with no sewer hookup, we have yet need to go dump before we were ready to leave. Mine has never been used and I don't know if it ever will be. I just take it along "just in case".
I, too, carry a tote with us when we go to COE campgrounds. I haul it in the truck bed. I have never used mine either, but as my Grandpa once said, "it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!"
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote