Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
haggy

Taking the plunge and giving Keystone a GO

First camper was an 05 Springdale which was good enough until we developed a leak. THEN, we bought a Heartland product. LET ME TELL YOU...DON"T BUY THEIR NORTH TRAIL LINE...If you want a dozen reasons not to message me and I will be happy to forward you all of the problems with it. NOW, we are on our third and hopefully last camper for a LONG time. We bought a Bullet Premier 31BHPR which we haven't taken delivery yet. Anyone have any experience with these units?
haggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
fla-gypsy

All RV's can leak if not maintained regularly. Sounds like you have had some bad luck but how vigilant were you on doing routine maintenance to prevent those type of issues on the Springdale? My first TT was a Jayco with aluminum roof and I never did anything to it and it never leaked. The ciurrent TT is a Keystone Hornet and I have prevented any serious issues by being vigilant with roof sealant and replacing damaged worn out vent covers. Hopefully the 3rd time is a charm for you but it will need attention too.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
haggy

We had the Springdale for 6 months

Yeah...The Springdale we bought was an 05. We used it twice and put it away for the winter. In the spring it had water damage. It was really unfortunate as it satisfied our needs just fine. The Heartland we had was a Northtrail and we purchased it new last year. It came with two bad lippert axles. It never, NEVER tower properly until the axle issue was diagnosed and repaired (replaced) in August. Heartland was a huge dissapointment. Door's fell off (all of them), heater broke, electric portion of the water heater broke, propane detector was defective, rear end dragged constantly on the ground, stabilizer jack motor broke. Front cap had to be replaced as the outside kitchen door did too. The first trip we had the drain for the sink was not hooked up and caused a water issue on the inside of the rig. The outside shower leaked (which I fixed). I understand a few minor issues but these were all major issues. I mean try to drive down the road on two bad axles. It was horrible.

Anyway, these issues soured me to Heartland and my Dealer really sold me on the 31BHPR which we will be picking up in spring. We are campers, love camping and 'normally' do not complain...Hoping the new Keystone only has minor issues that I can deal with easily.
haggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet premier