Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
MackDaddy

Black Tank Flush

I have never used this before in my other trailers . Pretty straight forward I suppose. Hook up your hose turn on valve, make sure dumpvalves are open and let it do its job, right? Then why was ther water on the bathroom floor I ask you.. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the flusher?

2005 Ford F250 Lariat CC 6.0 PSD
2010 32' Keystone Laredo 303TG
MackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackDaddy View Post
I have never used this before in my other trailers . Pretty straight forward I suppose. Hook up your hose turn on valve, make sure dumpvalves are open and let it do its job, right? Then why was ther water on the bathroom floor I ask you.. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the flusher?
For the most part yep it is pretty straight forward. As for water on the floor that is a new one on me. This is my secound trailer I've had that has had the tank flush. The first one I put in myself and the last one I orded it on the trailer. I usually drain my tank completely before turning on the flush.
1. I drain tank to a trickle
2. Turn on flush
3. Close valve for a minutes to let tank file with some water then reopen valve. This helps flush some of the more heavier debris out of the tank.
4. Turn off flush and let tank finish draining
If you are doing the flush before your tank has drained this could be where the problem of the water on the floor is coming from. If you are draining your tank completely before flushing I would turn it on and go into the trailer and try to see where the water is coming from. More then likely it is either coming from under the toilet or from the vent pipe (causes; possibly a bad seal in the top of the tank or even a vent pipe).
I hope this helps you out.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
woody

water on floor

We found water on our bathroom floor also and after some searching found out it was the hose that was attached to the back of the bowl itself. You know your cleaning hose with the spray on it for cleaning your bowl. Haven't had the leak ever since we replaced it.
Woody
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
woody

mackdaddy I should have mentioned that it started to leak when we were flushing.
Bob
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
jimbob

Water on bathroom floor

If you were using city water pressure to flush the black water tank, chances are the water could have come from a pex fitting above the floor. The only way black water could get on the floor would be from a bad seal under the toilet. I had a lot of leaks, some soaking my carpet in the living area from the kitchen sink, others all around the pump, water heater area. The pex fittings were all loose and some could be tightened 4 or 5 turns. I am a plumbing contractor and have been using pex tubing for over 35 years. The pex fittings they use in rv's aren't the best but they are handy in close quarters, no special tools needed. Not sure how your trailer is setup, but my 302 Fuzion has a 3' high plastic shroud that covers all the plumbing in the storage compartment behind the water heater. It has a bunch of fittings and under high pressure on that black water tank flush piping it wouldn't leak unless you use it. It doesn't maintain water pressure in it until you open the valve.
Hope this helps
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote