Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2021, 12:37 PM   #41
bigdave_185

Reading back someone mentioned low profile tires and towing, I have towed with 37”s and 31”. 20” wheels and 16” wheels
I honestly took the smaller wheels off after the larger wheel combo. I didn’t like the tire sway when I went back to smaller wheels. I do think much larger then 20”s would be a rougher ride with thin tires.
Pending load rating of the wheel you put on. I’m ok with bigger wheels these days
bigdave_185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:56 PM   #42
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
It's interesting. When we go down to Florida many Canadians, well not last year, pull with RAM trucks. Big majority.
RAM trucks are not built in Canada so I do wonder why.

I'm not trying to get in a fight here I just find it interesting.
Nissian trucks are built in Alabama and toyota is built in Texas. Does this effect purchase.
Canadians love debt, and we are deep in it. Ram is popular due to the fact they have the never never plan of 96 month financing. They are terrible with depreciation though.

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:52 AM   #43
Kootbiker

Ram trucks are the best for towing our igloos off the ice in the springtime.
Kootbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:40 AM   #44
notanlines

Dan, "they have the never never plan," Malcolm Merriweather, Andy's Valet. Your comment got a good laugh from DW and I!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:18 AM   #45
linux3

96 months....
Dan, I'd like to have something witty to say about that but everything I type comes out kinda snarky.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #46
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
Canadians love debt, and we are deep in it. Ram is popular due to the fact they have the never never plan of 96 month financing. They are terrible with depreciation though.
I’ve had a bunch of different vehicles in the last decade ..a few different Ram 2500’s..both diesel and gas…I have a Ram 1500 Hemi, had a brand new Escalade that I kept a for about 4 years, wife has a nice Infiniti hard top convertible, had challengers and chargers during this time,Ford work trucks and vans and and all of them that I traded or sold didn’t suffer from any abnormal depreciation…it has more to do with buying something that will always be in demand and taking GREAT care of your vehicle.
If you buy a new Chevy,Ford or Ram pickup with the same options and take good care of it then I seriously doubt you will see any big difference between any of the three when you sell…they all build a great truck but I still think that Ford nailed it with the cool factor with the f450.
Here is a Kelly blue book of a 2019 Chevy ltz and a Ram Laramie …both 2500 with standard options chosen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4515E67D-25B5-48FC-9A41-EEF54FEDA00A.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	37333   Click image for larger version

Name:	41B2E230-9A08-482A-B2D3-4C576E63AAEC.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	37334  
Old 12-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #47
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I’ve had a bunch of different vehicles in the last decade ..a few different Ram 2500’s..both diesel and gas…I have a Ram 1500 Hemi, had a brand new Escalade that I kept a for about 4 years, wife has a nice Infiniti hard top convertible, had challengers and chargers during this time,Ford work trucks and vans and and all of them that I traded or sold didn’t suffer from any abnormal depreciation…it has more to do with buying something that will always be in demand and taking GREAT care of your vehicle.
If you buy a new Chevy,Ford or Ram pickup with the same options and take good care of it then I seriously doubt you will see any big difference between any of the three when you sell…they all build a great truck but I still think that Ford nailed it with the cool factor with the f450.
Here is a Kelly blue book of a 2019 Chevy ltz and a Ram Laramie …both 2500 with standard options chosen
I chuckled over the "Massive Recall" banner over the ram trade in valuation.
I've had a crapload vehicles over the years. Nothing fancy, friends I have bought Dodge back when and I didn't need to buy one, I just listened to them complain, I really didn't like any of their models. Scamp? Duster?
Anyways, from a few salesmen up here, the top 4 vehicles for slowest depreciation on trucks are chev / gm, most hd models of ford, Tundra (Salt kicks their *** if not meticulously maintained), Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I drove super duties and rams at work and the ram was, no, Ford was tolerable but no.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:16 PM   #48
jasin1

I get it …we all like what we like ..I almost bought a Ford and a Chevy before I got my newest Ram truck. Would have got the Ford if it was available and would have bought the Chevy if the Mgr wasn’t a giant @&$ ..but duster and scamp? Lol they were from 40 years ago…..I’m not trying to force a Ram on you my friend ,just pointing out that all of the three modern trucks are VERY GOOD…anyway enough of that
Old 12-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #49
Northofu1

Quote:
96 months....
Dan, I'd like to have something witty to say about that but everything I type comes out kinda snarky.
Hey Robert,
I like to chirp and don't mind being chirped
I can tell you one thing, I can't wait to get back to Buffalo to see a sabres game , drink some Rolling rock, chicken wings in NF or Lackawanna for Italian food.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #50
Northofu1

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
I get it …we all like what we like ..I almost bought a Ford and a Chevy before I got my newest Ram truck. Would have got the Ford if it was available and would have bought the Chevy if the Mgr was a giant @&$ ..but duster and scamp? Lol they were from 40 years ago…..I’m not trying to force a Ram on you my friend ,just pointing out that all of the three modern trucks are VERY GOOD…anyway enough of that
GM had Parisienne, Bonneville, Caprice, and Delta 88's, all the same platform but tanks.
P.S. I was kinda fond of the Crown Vic and the LTD Coupe

Old 12-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #51
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northofu1 View Post
GM had Parisienne, Bonneville, Caprice, and Delta 88's, all the same platform but tanks.
P.S. I was kinda fond of the Crown Vic and the LTD Coupe
My wife’s aunt got talked into a used 70s era Delta 88 ….this was in the early 90s….she sold ( gave away) her original owner 69 or 70 GTO to get it.
It was a family “friend” that offered the cream puff 88.

My god that thing was enormous..she planned everything around getting gas lol.she lived about 2 miles from us and i swear I could still see the back of the car when it was parked at her place
Old 12-01-2021, 03:12 PM   #52
jasin1

Do wish I had my 71 Monte Carlo back though
Old 12-01-2021, 04:30 PM   #53
wiredgeorge

The last car I owned was a Cadillac Coupe DeVille. Powder blue with all the options and the gas cap was behind the rear plate. Best riding car I ever owned. It had less than 30K miles when I sold it. Only thing I wasn't fond of was the automatic hi/lo beam feature. There was a small sensor up front and I ended up putting a bit of tape over it so the high beams didn't blind everyone oncoming until they were within 200 yards. When you put the turn signals on, a side light up in the front blinker assembly would come on so you lit up corners and I loved that feature. Hated to sell that car but couldn't justify it since it sat so much. Wife has a 2003 Crown Vic and it doesn't ride as well as that old Caddy (she just turned 50K miles in her Vic and it is her 4th I believe).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:48 PM   #54
sourdough
Site Team

Ah, reminiscing cars. I completely erased anything and everything I owned in the 80s, such a horrible time to own cars/trucks....and I owned a bunch of them. But then,

Speaking of auto hi/lo beams. Had a 67 Fury III and a 69 Buick Electra 225 that had that feature. It was not refined and I hated it. Turned it off to keep from getting run off the road. Had the turn markers as well.

Nowadays they are better. My truck has all the auto on/off gizmos, turn markers etc. which I like. The auto hi/lo for headlights if far, far better than the old days but unfortunately TOO advanced IMO. It's great at dimming in plenty of distance for an upcoming car but it dims/brightens for every bright reflective sign, bright road markers etc.......drives me nuts. One step forward, one step back.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:50 PM   #55
bigdave_185

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
The last car I owned was a Cadillac Coupe DeVille. Powder blue with all the options and the gas cap was behind the rear plate. Best riding car I ever owned. It had less than 30K miles when I sold it. Only thing I wasn't fond of was the automatic hi/lo beam feature. There was a small sensor up front and I ended up putting a bit of tape over it so the high beams didn't blind everyone oncoming until they were within 200 yards. When you put the turn signals on, a side light up in the front blinker assembly would come on so you lit up corners and I loved that feature. Hated to sell that car but couldn't justify it since it sat so much. Wife has a 2003 Crown Vic and it doesn't ride as well as that old Caddy (she just turned 50K miles in her Vic and it is her 4th I believe).

We had a 77 caddy in the family with a massive front seats and it road like a dream!!! Great until the shift Column gear selector started slipping and my older sister tried to drive in 2nd gear on the highway. An only until she got to her friends house recognized what she had done, roasted that motor and dad let it go

Always had a soft spot for the 2000 era Cadillac four doors. Black on black with white walls
bigdave_185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #56
friz

Quote:
I read a lot about Ford F150 with and without trailer packages.
F250 vs F350 and 450 and on and on.
Very little about GM.

Rochester NY is home of GM Fuel Systems, formally Rochester Carburetor.
Are you old enough to remember Rochester Carb?
Delphi Tech Center, one time Delphi Systems.
Delco Rochester was a huge plant. Now gone.
GM Fuelcell was in a suburb of Rochester.
Tonawanda Engine plant is just down the road. A major GM engine plant.

The biggest Chevy dealer in the US is Bob Johnson Chevy. Their sales office looks like a call center. Huge.

I know Ford sells almost as many trucks as GM but I just don't see it.

Is it home town advantage? I drive around and Ford trucks are way, way less common than Chevys and GM.

I'm not starting a war here. I've heard that the F150 is the number 1 seller but around here they are not real common.

Interesting.... In your area are Ford trucks more common and is it because of being built there?
We did a tour of the Ford Rouge River F150 assemble plant and my Silverado was odd man out for sure.
BTW the guide talked about the size of Rouge River and I wasn't impressed. Kodak Park is 8 MILES end to end.
Anyway, your non nasty comments?
It sounds as if you have a case of the a** about Ford trucks. Let it go, they are all about the same including the one you left out, Dodge which has the recognized best engine in its 6.7 Cummins.
Rochester carbs? Hell yes! many a car and boat I have owned had Rochester carbs. Once again, as good as any Holley ever built.
Here in north central FL Ford maybe the most popular truck but not by much. Pretty evenly split from what I see.
George Eastman may have built an 8 mile park (trees, ponds and fountains I would guess) but he did not put the world on wheels. The Rouge Complex on the Rouge/Detroit rivers was hands down, in 1928 when it was built and for almost a century the paramount of American industrial might and innovation. Ships with iron ore from the Lake Superior Mesabi range and coal trains would unload at one end. Tens of thousands of employees rolled up their sleeves and went to work. At the other end would roll off the assembly lines cars and trucks. I suspect the complex has changed/shrunk over the decades but when I last saw it in the 70's, the industry taking place there was awe inspiring. So immense. I do not believe that George Eastman and Henry Ford played in the same league. Now, that was not nasty, was it?
friz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #57
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by friz View Post
It sounds as if you have a case of the a** about Ford trucks. Let it go, they are all about the same including the one you left out, Dodge which has the recognized best engine in its 6.7 Cummins.
George Eastman may have built an 8 mile park (trees, ponds and fountains I would guess) but he did not put the world on wheels. The Rouge Complex on the Rouge/Detroit rivers was hands down, in 1928 when it was built and for almost a century the paramount of American industrial might and innovation. I do not believe that George Eastman and Henry Ford played in the same league. Now, that was not nasty, was it?
I have nothing against any brand. Over the course of my life and the many cars I have owned most have been fords.
Kodak Park is a manufacturing center that had it's own water and sewer facilities. Own power stations, fire department and more.
Kodak made paper, film and was the largest producer of "Natural" vitamins in the world. Was.
They also built satellites, Norden bombsights and hand grenades.

As a matter of fact George Eastman and Henry Ford were friends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastman_Business_Park
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote