Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
lspajm

Our 3220 BH also has the power domestic awnings -- 2 of them actually - and I leave them out when we are outside...but if we go away and overnight -- i just put them in -- it only takes 1 min to loosen the black knobs and put them in...vs a storm coming up overnight and having to deal with a nightmare repair job if they get damaged or rip the mounts out of the side of the TT.
Andy
lspajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #22
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlee56 View Post
I'll have to look and see if we have knobs on our auto awning. I didn't know they would do anything more then press a button to get them up or down.
check out this photo to see the awning pulled down and locked down with the knobs. You can see the angle this sets it at.

You have to undo the knobs to roll it up or gets in bind and could break something..

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
Halibutman214

Just came back from a week at the lake and had an interesting chat with the camp host who see's a lot of RV's and awnings. I had a wood bundle tied to both corners of my awning as when the wind came up I was getting a lot of the flexing you refer to. The camp host said I was not the first to do this but beware as he had seen wood bundles launched completely to the other side of the RV with a couple through the roof. I'm keeping mine in when not around.
Halibutman214 is offline   Reply With Quote