Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2020, 08:20 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Most places are the same. We just purchased our 5th wheel 2 months ago. Their inventory was almost nothing. Usually it has plenty of tt and motor homes. It was slim pickings. When we talked about ordering one they said could be ordered however, would be at least 6 months if not longer to get in and a much higher cost due to ordering and shipping just one.
The higher cost because of "ordering and shipping just one?" Sounds like a line of BS to me. I'd have asked for proof on that. The factory builds one at a time and ships one at a time. It's not like a motorcycle or golf cart where they stick a dozen of them on the back of a truck.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
and a much higher cost due to ordering and shipping just one.
They "ship" them one at a time anyway, unless they're less than 20' & fit 2 on a trailer, by some guy contracted with a truck to tow it to your dealer. It's not like automobiles that they can put 8-10 on a truck.

Sounds like that dealer didn't want to be hassled with ordering a new one. Typically the factory designates one on the line as yours, to be built to your specs, then when completed sets it aside waiting for a delivery driver, which usually can take a while. It's not as if they shut everything down to build one just for you. What the factory doesn't add to make it yours the dealer will/should, but apparently not that dealer.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:26 AM   #23
Javi

Let me put it this way...

In Texas there are still a lot of new trailers for sale and I haven't really noticed a big increase in price.

What I seen is that the campgrounds are full and it is nearly impossible to book a weekend anywhere on less than a month's notice because everyone with two nickels to rub together has bought a trailer. Most of them haven't got a clue about how to even hookup the sewer hose or the water hose much less the power cord.

And don't get me started on the fellow with brand new paper plates on the trailer who pulled in beside me this weekend... Took him a full hour to figure out how to un-hitch Friday night. And Sunday morning, after watching while I loaded up. I finally told the DW "against my better judgement I'm going to offer to help" I went over and showed him how to hook the chains on his WD hitch.. Sure enough, they had picked it up Friday from the dealer and came straight to the campground. These dealers really should make sure the buyer's can at least hitch and un-hitch before they drive off the lot..

Anyway... It took me less than a week to sell a 6 year old 5th wheel for a premium price.. now is the time to sell if you ever where going to sell..