Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Smitty

Pullrite slider -1st experience

Well we have the new truck and trailer. Been busy getting everything transfered from the old to the new. The new cougar is every bit of 36 and a half feet. Phew. I installed the Pullrite slider and am very glad I did so. With the extra feet to tow and to backup it takes some pressure off. I cannot make my circular drive pulling thru anymore but backing in is an ease with the new hitch. First camping trip was Memorial Day weekend. It was quite interesting. Saturday morning had my brand new truck towed away on a flat bed wrecker truck. Tried starting it up Sat morning and the dashboard went crazy. Everything changed colors and lit up like a Christmas tree. Icons that previously showed functions turned into icons that were totally different. Truck would do anything. Luckily someone was at the Dealership Saturday and they authorized a tow truck to come out and bring me a loaner. They took my truck back to the dealership and had it back to me by noon. Turned out the security system got set off someway and when that happens, nothing happens in the truck. All I can say is that the Dealerhsip went beyond their duty. The manager himself drove my truck back out to the campground. Everything has been fine since. We are going out for our second venture this weekend in Door County, WI. We'll see how everything goes this time. Once I'm used to the size, I know we will really like the new setup. I took some pics last weekend and will try and figure out how to load them up to the site. Thanks again for all the input.

(Note: Previously posted in New Member Welcome - moved to correct category by Moderator)
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote