Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pearls View Post
Thanks! We actually tried changing our circuit board with no results. We so far, are traveling in Auto..then changing to LP when we dry camp. We will be dry camping tonight so we'll see if it works.

Why are you putting it in auto mode for travel? Since your not plugged into a 110VAC source, it will operate on LP when driving and dry camping.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecanto View Post
Please do not have the propane on during travel. Lots of RV fires happen that way!
If I were to guess I'd bet money that 99.9% of the rvs on the highway any given day are traveling with their fridge operating on gas & 99% of them do not shut it off to refuel.
The rv absorption fridges were/are designed to operate on LP while traveling or the the government would require a big huge warning sign on the front of your fridge stating not to do so.
Been rving 40+ years & have set the fridge in every rv we've owned to "auto" & unless it's being stored that setting never changes & haven't burnt one down yet.
If you chose not to do this by all means don't! Bit curious, how do you keep the fridge cool when YOU travel?
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

Post 9/11 there are places in the US that requires you turn off your LP while crossing bridges, passing through a tunnel. I personally haven’t run into it, and until I do my refer is on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:55 PM   #24
brodiegg

I have the Dometic refer and put it on electric ----battery---when traveling and the keep it there when at a rv park----use their power not your propane. Mine reaches temp in about 4 hrs.
brodiegg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge