Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I'm a long, long way from the "deep south" and catfish so Zebco reels are somewhat of a rarity around the "far north". Catfish are not plentiful here on the west coast of BC but the Uglystick is.
Hitch that Cougar and head south!!! You can borrow a Zebco 33 and I'll even give you an old jar of "blood bait" or "cheese bait" (your preference) to get you started !!!!

Now, I'm thinking I should start getting the boat ready, but bass season doesn't start for another 6 weeks......

But back to Zebco quality, they make some pretty durable reels, that are reliable. Just don't lay them on the dirt or sand, with the closed face, anything that gets in, stays in, grinding away until the reel won't function. Kept clean, Zebco's are good reels. So easy to use that every toy department has them in Mickey Mouse, Minney Mouse and Donald Duck versions..............

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #22
cospilot

One man's treasure is another man's trash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cospilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #23
Pappydude

Wow - then and now pictures.........I know, let's set the thing in the back lot and take pictures of it when it's getting dark, inside and out, so everyone thinks it's a bargain. For $38.00 ..........ah never mind......good for a chuckle!!
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #24
hankaye

Festus2, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I'm a long, long way from the "deep south" and catfish so you won't find too many Zebco reels out there - at least amongst the adult fishermen. Catfish are not plentiful here on the west coast of BC but the Uglystick is.
Zebcos and Uglysticks ain't just for catfish ... there's a generation that
learned to fish with them don't think the uglys arrived on the scene
untill the 80's. But being backlash proof helped lower the learning curve
angles from near 90 to about 15.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote