Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Festus2
Site Team

Oxygenics Shower Head

I just purchased the Oxygenics Body Spa shower head. Before buying, I was aware that it did not come with the usual shut off valve/control that is found in most RV shower head assemblies.
Their website acknowledges this and the unit has instead, an adjustable flow control valve which slows the flow of water down but does not stop it.
I thought I had seen a post or read somewhere that a shut off valve can be purchased and installed but can't find any such post here after doing a search on the forum.
Does anyone out there have any information on such a shut off valve that can be used with the Oxygenic Body Spa and where you can find one?
Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
SLIMSHADIE

I bought mine at Home Depot. It fits in between the hose and handle. I wish the finish was the same. I think my shutoof is chrome, with a white showerhead.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Slimshadie:
Thanks for your quick reply. I did pick up the shut off valve from Home Depot as you suggested.

On the model I have (which is also white), it is meant to be assembled in this way:
(A) wand/handle -------> (B) "comfort control regulator" (adjustable flow control valve)----- (C)-> hose

Does the Home Depot shut off valve go between (A) and (B) or between (B) and (C)?
Did you not use the comfort control regulator and instead use the Home Depot shut off valve? One seems to slow down the flow while the other can slow it down and shut it off.

This "comfort control regulator" simply changes the water flow from a gentle, slow stream to a spray. It does not shut the water flow off.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Springdale 298

Festus2

Have you used the new shower head yet? Thinking of getting one myself, just wondering will it help conserve some of the hot water after my boys shower? They love to play and spend too much time in there!

John
Equalizer Sway Control
Springdale 298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

John:
No, I haven't used it just yet as I only received it today and picked up the shut off valve from Home Depot. Still waiting for the rains to stop and the temperatures to rise. When we do eventually get out and use the shower, I will post our impressions.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
SLIMSHADIE

Fetus, I don't remember exactly how I installed it. Camper is off sight too. But I don't remember a regulator. The DW was very happy with the upgrade, I heard her bragging about it too. I like it, it has pressure and actually gets the shampoo out of your hair. You can barely tell the difference from city hookups or using the pump.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #7
littlejim623

It is a good showerhead, much better than the stock one. But I too did not realize it did'nt have a shut off when I bought it. Going to have to make a stop at the orange barn.
littlejim623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #8
Jim W

I installed one last year when we were in NC camping. We used it all last summer and fall camping. I thought mine had a shut-off included in it. This was in the lower adjuster for the flow control. If I remembered correctly you could turn this all the way to either the right or left, can't remember from last year. The water would then be turned off until you re-open the flow control valve. I know my DW would have said something also if the shower head did not shut off when she washes her hair.

I would install the new shower head and check to see if it will turn off before installing the additional part. Just another item to fail and leak in the future.

We are going camping this weekend and I will check this out again. Leaving today and will not be back until Sunday.

Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #9
Jim W

Will we used the Oxygenics shower this weekend when camping. The shower head can be turned off by rotating the flow control valve on the shower head. The only problem is the water is cold when turning the head back on at first.
By the way, night time temps in Northern IL was 33F in April. Other then rain and snow we had a great time.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #10
Festus2
Site Team

Jim --- Thanks for the feedback on the Oxygenics. When I install it, I might try using the shutoff from Walmart to see if that would make any difference. On their website, Oxygenics cautions against putting a shutoff into the line for the opposite reason --- hot (too hot!!) water will come out at first which could cause scalding. Will try both - with and without.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Windnut

I installed an Oxygenetics shower head for our last trip and it works great almost like a home shower. I also bought the positive shut off that you can add to the either end of the hose. With the positive shut off the shower comes back on the way you set it rather then the original shot of cold water. I bought mine from
http://www.coilnwrap.com/categories/Shop/Shower-Spas/.
Windnut is offline   Reply With Quote