Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
jje1960

New tailgate

Put the new tailgate on the truck today, got tired of worrying about it slicing into the front of the fifth wheel while hooking-up. With the original (now expensive original piece of metal sitting in my shed...) it had to be lowered to hook-up, then worry if I was off angle enough to poke the corner into the front of the unit. Issue solved with this Strongberg-Carlson reasonable replacement. Very little adjustment needed to get the gate to match the lines, happy with the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gatesm[1].jpg
Views:	228
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	317  
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #2
Herap

Wink

Great looking setup. Now I'm envious!!!
Herap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Put the new tailgate on the truck today, got tired of worrying about it slicing into the front of the fifth wheel while hooking-up. With the original (now expensive original piece of metal sitting in my shed...) it had to be lowered to hook-up, then worry if I was off angle enough to poke the corner into the front of the unit. Issue solved with this Strongberg-Carlson reasonable replacement. Very little adjustment needed to get the gate to match the lines, happy with the purchase.
I put one of their ABS models on about five years ago. They make a quality gate for the $$$$ and that expensive piece of scrap metal is still in my shed. You will not regret it, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
cumminsdad08

Hey that "scrap metel" could turn a profit fast if you know the right people. we are constanly tearing up tale gates at work, backing into things with it down and such, you could easy sell them to make some cash back. just an idea. anyhow looks really good on there. and now you get "show off" your hitch too
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
jje1960

Tailgate for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsdad08 View Post
Hey that "scrap metel" could turn a profit fast if you know the right people. we are constanly tearing up tale gates at work, backing into things with it down and such, you could easy sell them to make some cash back. just an idea. anyhow looks really good on there. and now you get "show off" your hitch too
I hear that.... to me it's no family heirloom that's for sure. Brand new 2011 F350 Tailgate forsale, white with nice expensive LINE-X coating on the inside! Bet I kick it around in the shed for the next 15years....
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
cumminsdad08

hey put it on that craigslist, we have been selling things like crazy the last couple of days, you would be suprised at what people are looking for.
Dogs
Buddy-beagle hound mix
Emily-beagle hound mix
Sadie-boarder collie (my amish one)
cumminsdad08 is offline   Reply With Quote