Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
BeemerJoe

looking for ideas

I installed Lippert solid steps on my 2016 Fuzion Chrome. Are there any ideas out there for the space left when taking out the OEM folding steps? I know that Lippert and MoreRyde offer a steel box, but to me the price is excessive. Wondering if anyone has maybe mounted Plastic containers (removable of course) or something to that affect.. Thinking I'd Make a shelf and be able to slip a container in there and secure it with tie down straps.. Just an idea. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. 299 is awfully high for a small storage box.
BeemerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
I installed Lippert solid steps on my 2016 Fuzion Chrome. Are there any ideas out there for the space left when taking out the OEM folding steps? I know that Lippert and MoreRyde offer a steel box, but to me the price is excessive. Wondering if anyone has maybe mounted Plastic containers (removable of course) or something to that affect.. Thinking I'd Make a shelf and be able to slip a container in there and secure it with tie down straps.. Just an idea. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. 299 is awfully high for a small storage box.
I'm sure that the steel box will actually fit inside that space though. You might have take some measurements. That would be a nice upgrade. The only issue is, when the steps are down you will have a hard time accessing the box.

Extra storage is always a win. If Lippert or MoreRyde makes a box that fits those dimensions, I say go for it! I can't think of a better use for that space off the top of my head.

Otherwise, you could always construct you own storage box to fit there.
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerJoe View Post
$299 ??? The Moreryde Understep box is $153 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mor-Ryde-Inte...%2C246&sr=8-55 It's $151 from another Amazon shipper if you're willing to wait 2 extra days for delivery...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #4
jim1

Hi BeemerJoe. We added the Mor-Ryde box to our last 5ver and found it really handy to put the wheel chocks in and a few extra blocks. Things you don't need after you set up. Oh and it locks too. We found it very useful for things that get dirty and you don't wanna put them in the big storage. The stairs don't get set up until everything is level, and put away before raising the legs and don't leave them out while levelling or lift legs! It can ruin your holidays!
Retired-Lovin' 7 Saturdays a week!!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote