Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #1
SwooshOG

2022 Raptor 429 - Garage Dinette

Just took delivery of a 2022 Raptor 429.

We love the upgrade from our 26’ travel trailer!

My question for this group is how some of you have configured the dinette seating in the garage with the included folding table.

The last 1/3 of the bench sits over the down ramp and the table either doesn’t sit level or has to be positioned off-center.

Any creative solutions or other table options you’ve employed?
SwooshOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:15 PM   #2
scottv92

I created a wedge shape filler for the dovetail area by cutting a piece of plywood the correct width and ripping a 2x4 to the angle of the dove tale and the correct height. I lay this on the dove tail to give us a level floor. We carry a carpet that we unroll on the floor on extended stays to make the area more people friendly. It will also double as an approach ramp for the ramp door to decrease the load angle when loading our low clearance trike if we are not parked in an ideal area. In our case it can be placed on the dovetail area after loading so it doesn't take any other storage space.
scottv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:44 AM   #3
SwooshOG

Update on my solution!

I noticed the Momentum 399TH had the same configuration in the garage. However, they used fixed table legs instead of a portable/pop-up mechanism.

I didn’t want to cut holes in the floor so close to the aux gas tanks (was worried enough about screws as it was). However, it works extremely well even if the leg cups aren’t flush.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1179BEE8-4CCE-4AC5-BD56-A898712AB2A3.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	804.7 KB
ID:	39859  
SwooshOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinette, raptor