Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2022, 08:20 AM   #1
Docwagner

In Command and cold

Greetings:
I am a long time camper having stepped up from a pop-up to a 2022 Cougar 22MLS. Haven't had a chance to take it out for more than an overnight. It has been relatively cold here in NC and I have the unit connected to shore power. I notice when I try to use the In Command the panel is on, but none of the controls function and the phone app says Off-line. I unplug the shore power and disconnect the batteries for a few seconds to reboot and it works fine. Any thoughts on this?
Docwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
M&M2

Try press and hold power button on display to turn off. Wait a few seconds to power back on. Most of the time that clears unresponsive for me. Next step is the reset button on BCM. Last which I’ve never had to do is the method you described. There is a download on ASA website that describes these steps.

https://in-command.net/wp-content/up...ng%20Guide.pdf

https://www.in-command.net/wp-conten...and-ncsp35.pdf
Old 03-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #3
Docwagner

Thanks I will review these documents. The power button also doesn't work, the screen stays on.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:23 AM   #4
Roper46

If you hold down the power button long enough it should reboot. At least mine does. Good luck.
6.7L I6 CTD with Air Suspension
6 Speed Automatic 68RFE Transmission
Roper46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:23 AM   #5
ChuckS

The In Command System is the second worst idea that Keystone RV every conjured up.. It is quirky, unreliable, and when the warranty expires look up the cost of a BCM or Display

The HVAC should have never been incorporated thru the In Command system.. This has been the number one pain in the backside for thousands of owners..

Typical issues are:
.. no temp display for a given zone because the CANBUS cant see the remote temp sensor
.. System lock up - any sort of glitch on the 12 volt DC BUS and the In Command flakes out
.. cheap relays on the BCM
.. no manual switches to back up for lighting, HVAC control, slide outs, etc

Yes there are switches for the electric slide outs on the BCM but there are NO switches for the operation of the hydraulic slides outs

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 07:37 AM   #6
Docwagner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
The In Command System is the second worst idea that Keystone RV every conjured up.. It is quirky, unreliable, and when the warranty expires look up the cost of a BCM or Display

The HVAC should have never been incorporated thru the In Command system.. This has been the number one pain in the backside for thousands of owners..

Typical issues are:
.. no temp display for a given zone because the CANBUS cant see the remote temp sensor
.. System lock up - any sort of glitch on the 12 volt DC BUS and the In Command flakes out
.. cheap relays on the BCM
.. no manual switches to back up for lighting, HVAC control, slide outs, etc

Yes there are switches for the electric slide outs on the BCM but there are NO switches for the operation of the hydraulic slides outs

Yikes! That doesn't sound good. Do you have a recommendation on a replacement system?