Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2022, 09:30 AM   #1
Markansas

Flat cones help back up when no reference

So my rv storage stall is just gravel and 2 metal posts. When backing into this spot it's hard to judge if I'm in the middle or not without a reference on the ground. And it's a tight spot if there are units on either side.

So I bought these little flat cones (used to mark soccer fields, etc) and layed those down where I wanted my wheels to go thus putting me right in the center. Worked like a charm! I only had to pull forward once to get a better angle but just slowly moved along these cones and I was in. Here is the link on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IE343PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2865b.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	37890
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel
Markansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 03:24 PM   #2
dutchmensport

Absolutely great idea! I purchased several collapsing, or telescoping (which ever way you want to look at it), orange road hazard cones that I use for the same purpose. Oddly enough, I found mine at Lowe's Home center. I wanted a taller cones because sometimes, campsites are so uneven, gravel pads are so hard to see where the pad starts and the road ends, dips and ditches, and especially if the sites are on an less than 45 degree angles, especially on the passenger side, or campsites on grass, the cones are absolutely priceless!

I applaud Markansas for bring this up! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
Markansas

Well thank you So you probably know as well as I do how fun (and addicting) it is to buy stuff for camping well I have a set of those collapsible cones too but I figured I’d run em over too easily and these flat things would have a better chance of surviving! Haaaa
2020 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel
Markansas is offline   Reply With Quote