Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2021, 12:48 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
Kinda like the cross walk button for pedestrians, not wired to anything behind it, just a pedestrian pleaser keep pushing it!! Sooner or later it'll change.
I thought that crosswalk switch was wired to an observation camera at "headquarters" ... As soon as a little old bluehair using a walker gets to the center (point of no return) the "walking figure" changes to the "orange hand" and cars start speeding by.... 10 points if she makes it before the light changes, 10 point penalty if someone hits her... Double points if she makes a "run for it and makes it" and "game over if her walker gets stuck on a bumper"...

I haven't seen a lava lamp in ages... We had one in the hooch in Viet Nam. Used to sit and watch it for hours, a Johnny Walker Black bottle in one hand and, well, we don't talk about what was in the other hand

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #22
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I haven't seen a lava lamp in ages... We had one in the hooch in Viet Nam. Used to sit and watch it for hours, a Johnny Walker Black bottle in one hand and, well, we don't talk about what was in the other hand
It was you GUN of course. Your GUN.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:29 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
It was you GUN of course. Your GUN.
Ahem.... Rifle.... That's what it was... I remember that old Army lesson well... I was in the Air Force, but spent as much time with the Army as with the "blue suiters"...

This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for shooting the other is for fun.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:40 PM   #24
dutchmensport

I have a feeling you are just using more water than you realize. You can not trust those tank sensors. You need to start taking notice how many showers you can take (and how long the water is actually running, how many loads of dishes, and how many flushes you can do before your fresh water tank runs empty. After going through this exercise a couple times, you'll very quickly develop a "feel", a "sense" when your tank is running low and you'll just know when to fill it up.

If you dump your tanks into a tote to haul to a dump station, you can really get a handle on how much water you are actually using, as the "tote" will hold only so many gallons.

We have learned, 4 showers, 2 loads of laundry, and 2 days of dishes, and we have to dump the grey water tank. That is about 3/4 of a tank of fresh water. Add some toilet flushes and it goes even faster.

But, those sensors are simply not reliable, although out of all of them, the fresh water tank sensors are usually the most reliable ones.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:53 PM   #25
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I thought that crosswalk switch was wired to an observation camera at "headquarters" ...
I haven't seen a lava lamp in ages...
I had no idea where the "lava lamp" issue came from. For a second, I thought your idea of a town wired into observation HQ was giving both of us the same "Prisoner" flashback.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #26
Life-in-Him

What was happening for us was due to different electrical conductivity of water.

The PH, alcalinity/acidity has varying resistance.

The level sensors display the voltage across the sensors.

0.25v might not register. 0.75volts might be 1/2 full.

The tank level might cover the middle sensors & have 0.75v after one fill up or use.

Same physical level from different water source might have 0.85v reading.

That conductity may only be the water chemistry..

To check chemistry a swimming pool test strip kit works. About $10 @ walmart or other place.
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #27
Life-in-Him

Pedestrians in small town Idaho pick a flag off the lightpost & wave it to cross the street ;}
Life-in-Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 01:29 PM   #28
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life-in-Him View Post
To check chemistry a swimming pool test strip kit works. About $10 @ walmart or other place.
For $10-$20, I highly recommend a modern electronic meter. Instant, easy to use, no optical interpretation necessary, and doesn't get used up.

https://www.amazon.com/total-dissolved-solids-meter/s?k=total+dissolved+solids+meter
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank