Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2021, 06:09 AM   #1
Sparke

Main board assembly

Hello All,
Just bought a 2015 26V Impact toy hauler.
This last week had some power issues but I believe I figured it out. I was not able to charge batteries with on board generator or shore power. Huge pain in the rear. I checked fuses and anything else I could check and that was fine.
After getting home I pulled out main board assembly located inside circuit panel and was able to check voltages and found I had 120v in but nothing out. I’ll have new assembly this week.
I was wondering how common this is and if a person actually has to have a spare?
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:15 AM   #2
JDDilly

I have had 5 campers in 35+ years and have never had one go bad. However, a friend called me this weekend with charging issues. ended up being the converter and their 5er is 2 years old. You just never know.

I carry a battery charger and could use that if needed.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Diesel, Long Box, Air Lift Bags - 2023 Fuzion 421
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:23 AM   #3
Sparke

I am also the proud new owner of a battery charger.😏
Sparke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:36 AM   #4
B-O-B'03

My converter failed and I contacted WFCO, since it was a week or so past the 2 year warranty period.

They opted to replace it but I also purchased a progressive dynamics main board and sold the WFCO replacement to a member on this board.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:51 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparke View Post
Hello All,
Just bought a 2015 26V Impact toy hauler.
This last week had some power issues but I believe I figured it out. I was not able to charge batteries with on board generator or shore power. Huge pain in the rear. I checked fuses and anything else I could check and that was fine.
After getting home I pulled out main board assembly located inside circuit panel and was able to check voltages and found I had 120v in but nothing out. I’ll have new assembly this week.
I was wondering how common this is and if a person actually has to have a spare?
Does that 2015 trailer have the original battery? Have the battery load tested. A battery with a shorted cell can make the converter charge at full capacity all the time and cause issues. Any time there is a charging issue either in a truck or a camper check the entire system, not just the device that's charging the battery.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote