Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2021, 03:07 AM   #1
BoBips

Good batteries, no power to slides and jacks

I have a 2018 Raptor 425TS. My batteries are good and charged but I don’t have power to my jacks, slides, and awnings. I can run them if connected to the truck but no power if I disconnect. For several set ups and take downs I could run a couple slides but would run out of power or blow a fuse before I could get all 3 slides in or out. I had to finish moving slides with truck power. By the time I would move a week or two later I’d have some battery power but again would stop working before I could finish running slides.

Now batteries never return to putting out power even after two weeks sitting on shore power and I can only use truck. Fuses are not blown.

Appreciate help or directing to a thread with help.
BoBips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:14 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Your batteries are now beyond help. Replace them, check that they are being charged correctly and do not discharge them beyound 50% capacities. That doesn't mean 1/2 voltage as that's not the capacity. If you search the forum for battery charge you'll find lots of reading material.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
LewisB

Marshall is right.

If it is like our 2018 Raptor, your slides, jacks, and awnings all run through the InCommand system-it always gets power from the batteries. When you plug in the truck, the batteries get some "help", but likely not enough current to do everything you need. The problem you describe sure sounds like batteries that only have a surface charge. You should load test them.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, power, slide