Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
HFrankP

TV antenna/cable operation question

Set up for a month in our 2016 Keystone Sprinter 316BIK. No matter what we try, cannot get TV signal to TV in living room or bedroom. Tried with antenna booster off, then on, then off again. Scan channels on both TV's, get message 'no channels found'. Viewed Youtube video from Keystone, but it references Key TV system that our unit doesn't have. Outside coax connection plates are not labeled. Inside coax connection plates behind tv are not labeled. Owners manual very vague on tv/antenna/cable operation. Any suggestions appreciated.
HFrankP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

OTA, doesn’t depend on any coax connections on the outside. Your antenna needs to up if it’s that style, and the booster has to be on. TV has to be set to antenna. Did it work at one point?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
HFrankP

Owners manual says we have a Wineguard antenna. It does not mention raising the antenna, and there is obvious switch or button for doing so. Only time we have used tv before, we were able to find three channels just outside Macon, Ga. using wi fi. Where we are now, we have coax connected to cable to service supplied by rv resort we are staying at. Office personnel here say we have to turn off antenna booster (which I did) before we scan channels. Did so, and still got 'no channels found' message after scanning. Currently watching Roku free channels, but would like to get cable or antenna signals working.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Ok. So you probably have 2 coax “in” ports in the convenience center. One will be sat in and the other will be park cable in. Can you post a pic? I’m thinking you also have a “loop” of cable near the main TV, right?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
HFrankP

I appreciate your replies! I will try to figure out how to post a photo of the two coax ports tomorrow. Also, I am not familiar with a "loop" of cable. In the living room (with bigger tv), neither port is labeled. We have tried scanning channels with coax connected to both (individually) and still get 'no channels found' message. In master BR, two coax ports are labeled TV1 and Sat. Same message both times we scan channels there.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:48 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

I see a few pieces of missing information.

Has it ever worked? New to you trailer or have you owned it for years and his just happened?
How and where does your cable connect outside? If it's in a convenience center (an area behind a hatch where the water lines connect and there are valves,ec.)? If so, do you see "KeyTV" written anywhere?
Do you push a button on the wall plate that has a coax connection to turn on the antenna booster?

As stated above to watch cable connect a coax from the park pedestal to the camper's outside cable connection. The antenna booster must be off. On the television go to menu, change input or source (may have different name) to "Cable". Then scan for channels.

For local TV the same process only booster is on, and choose input as "OTA" (over the air) or "Antenna". Then scan the TV. If your TV antenna raises and lowers it's a manual crank handle not a button to push. If it raises the crank handle will be on the ceiling directly below the antenna.

To post a picture. Transfer and save pic on your computer (write down the path where you saved it. When you write your post look at the bottom of the box and click on "Go Advanced". That will open a ribbon of icons on the top of that text box. Click on the "Paperclip" icon. That will open another pane with "manage Attachments". Click on "Choose File" then look for where you saved the pic. Click on the file then click on "Upload". Then click on "Save". After doing that you will not see the picture unless you post the message or click on "Preview Post" to see it before you post. I know this sounds like a lot to go thru but you'll quickly get the Hang of it after doing it a few times.

Hope this helps.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #7
HFrankP

Short answer is, I got it figured out with the help of a tech guy at the RV place we are currently set up at. He checked to be sure that the cable hookup at our site actually had a signal.

I appreciate your patience and willingness to help a 'newbie'. I have a lot to learn!
Old 12-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #8
HFrankP

Got it figured out with tech onsite at RV Resort we are currently at. It was just a matter of figuring out which coax hook up was which. I appreciate your willingness to help! You may see me posting in the future. I have a lot to learn! Thank you for your willingness to help.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Good to hear your all set up.

Tags
antenna, cable