Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
Customer1

Input on my Accuslide?

Thanks to this forum I have received and will be installing the drip pan for my gearbox. Upon inspecting the mechanism I see one cable has a large amount of slack and I will be adjusting.

Since I've never had a slide before I am seeking input on the appearance of the mechanism. Other than cable slack, does the rest of it look okay?

One concern I have is the angle of the motor/gearbox. With it so far off level the catchpan certainly won't hold very much. Should I unbolt and level, or leave it be as is?

The pictures were taken with the room all the way in.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Download and read this before you do anything.

https://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/a...ice-manual.pdf

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #3
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Download and read this before you do anything.

https://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/a...ice-manual.pdf
Thanks, I already have that file saved.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I would read the cable adjustment section before you do anything.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
Customer1

Great instructional video on adjusting the Norco (BAL) Accu-slide.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
NH_Bulldog

As far as the drip pan it should be sufficient, even at that angle. The gearbox was overfilled with oil, so when it gets hot and the oil expands, a little bit seeps out, maybe more of an oooze. In two years I had no more than a few drops make it to the roof membrane before I installed the drip pan and fixed the roof a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	077DD3D6-693B-4E11-AB4F-6448F4C0EFDA.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	28754  
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:18 PM   #7
GaryUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
Thanks to this forum I have received and will be installing the drip pan for my gearbox. Upon inspecting the mechanism I see one cable has a large amount of slack and I will be adjusting.

Since I've never had a slide before I am seeking input on the appearance of the mechanism. Other than cable slack, does the rest of it look okay?

One concern I have is the angle of the motor/gearbox. With it so far off level the catchpan certainly won't hold very much. Should I unbolt and level, or leave it be as is?
On our trailer the motor was installed level, the adjusting block on the chain would catch on the edge of the motor when retracting the slide. The dealer fix was to angle the motor down so the block would clear it. I think it's a bad design and the shaft needs to be longer to get the gears high enough so that the cable adjuster clears the motor.

Since you only have one cable out of adjustment check and see if you can see WHY it is loose. Has the adjuster backed out, is the lower pulley bracket properly secured to the frame, Make sure everything is right before just tightening the cable.

Gary

2019 Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab
GaryUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #8
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryUT View Post
On our trailer the motor was installed level, the adjusting block on the chain would catch on the edge of the motor when retracting the slide. The dealer fix was to angle the motor down so the block would clear it. I think it's a bad design and the shaft needs to be longer to get the gears high enough so that the cable adjuster clears the motor.

Since you only have one cable out of adjustment check and see if you can see WHY it is loose. Has the adjuster backed out, is the lower pulley bracket properly secured to the frame, Make sure everything is right before just tightening the cable.

Gary
Thanks for the tip about leveling the motor. I already decided to leave it be, making a bunch of new holes only a short distance from the existing may weaken the structure and create bigger problems.

I modified the pan slightly so the pan sits level even though the motor doesn't.

I got the cables adjusted, found that the lock nuts had been left loose at the factory making the assembly a time bomb of sorts.

Tags
slide