Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #41
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by crk112 View Post
All the good stuff has already been said here but just wanted to throw in my personal experience (from a half-ton owner).

2013 Ford F150 XLT.. crew cab.. (snip)

Loaded to go the combo weighs in at 3650lbs on the rear axle and 3200lbs on the front...
Mine is calculated as 3470 on the front axle with passengers dogs and gear and unhitched. With my e2 hitch instructions, you adjust it where you do not add more weight to the front axle and I take this as “loaded before hitching”. Of course you do that by measuring the height to the front fender. At the maximum hitched adjustment, the height would remain the same. So, with the e2 adjustment, some goes to the front axle and some goes to the trailer axles. What I am saying is 3200 lbs seems like it could take more weight for the 3750 Front axle weight rating (that is what my 2014 XLT Supercab 3.5L is rated at.) I need to verify weights at the cat scales because engineering/physics calculations just get you in the ballpark.

Tags
light