Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
Inigomontoya

Floor frame diagrams

I have a 2008 Keystone Cougar 29FKS. There is a soft spot developing in front of the stove and sink. Since the trailer is 10 years old and we live in it full time and the floor is made of styrofoam I am guessing is is wearing out. Does anyone know if there is a website that has the floor framing diagrams. I would like to know where the supports are before I rip into the floor.

Thanks for any help.
Inigomontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't know of any diagrams, blueprints or schematics available for any Keystone RV product. You likely are going to be in "uncharted territory" and will find things where they are, without the benefit of any help from Keystone.

As for the construction of your floor, chances are it's a "full size" (not ultra-light) trailer and probably has a 5/8" seamless floor decking. You can remove the grill from a floor register, peel back the edge and verify that. Alternatively, you may be able to remove the plastic seal from the plumbing run/drain under a sink and get a look at the floor there.

Construction in the mid 2000 model years on "standard build" trailers, typically didn't have Styrofoam in the floor construction. It was "solid wood flooring on aluminum or wood floor joists with fiberglass insulation packed in the empty spaces and the bottom was "sealed" with coroplast (corrugated plastic) or Darco (plastic covered fabric).

You can download the 2008 Cougar brochure from the Keystone website. In that brochure is a diagram of the trailer construction that will show you how the basic Cougar trailer was constructed. Other than that "drawing" I don't think you'll find much specific detail.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor