Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Namvet

Furrion Back up camera/color

I have the Furrion installed, works fine, but there is little to no color in the monitor, Grass is not green, mostly purple and this cannot be adjusted out, either that or just B&W. Called the factory and they stated that was normal, anyone else have this issue, or did I just get fed some BS??? I had wanted to have it replaced, due to the lack of color.
Namvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I don't believe there's much you can do about it. Most backup camera systems use an IR detector rather than a "camera type detector". I have the same issue with my RVS (wired) system. I believe it's a "non-intentional issue" caused by brighter sunlight causing the IR camera to be "overpowered and washed out". I haven't found any way to adjust it out of my system either. I will say that at dawn or dusk, when the light is "just right" it does have good quality color, but as soon as the sun gets brighter, it "washes out" to almost a black/gray/white image.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #3
MattHelm21

There was another thread on here where the OP was told that wiring directly into the running lights to power the camera may not provide the necessary 12 volts causing washout of the colors. It is worth checking but I think his result after running a relay to dedicate a power feed to the camera was little to no improvement.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm21 View Post
There was another thread on here where the OP was told that wiring directly into the running lights to power the camera may not provide the necessary 12 volts causing washout of the colors. It is worth checking but I think his result after running a relay to dedicate a power feed to the camera was little to no improvement.
I believe I may have been the one that posted that Tadibrothers had recommended a dedicated 12V supply to address the color washout I have with their camera.

FYI: A dedicated 12V supply (12.8 V) did not improve the image, still no green displayed.

At the end of this camping season I will be returning the camera for it to be checked. But I am not holding much hope for it being resolved. My research points to what John stated above about the IR detector being the cause.

BTW: I concluded that a rear observation camera that is off on color is better than no camera.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
slow is offline   Reply With Quote