Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #1
bigohdawg

New 2017 Keystone RV Hideout 272LHS

Just ordered a 2017 Keystone RV Hideout 272LHS to be delivered in March. It's our first Travel Trailer and hoping to build some great memories with our 5 yr old grandson. I'm currently out here gathering as much insight and knowledge as I can before our first adventure, since we want to have some good memories and experiences and not be complete novices. Still trying to build the list of camping 'must-haves', 'things to be aware of' and 'proper to-do lists'. Also trying to learn from others on the diversity of water color management (black, grey..etc) , electrical connections in addition to making the most of a fun and enjoyable time with our Hooligan grandson.
bigohdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
14george

Welcome to the fourm from W Va lot of great info here
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Don't fret the little things. You'll over buy in the beginning and then wonder why you did that. There are great lists on here and search is your friend. Ask away with questions, you'll get lots of advice.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
66joej

Welcome to the forum from Radium Hot Springs BC.
Much good info here for you. Enjoy the new TT.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:16 AM   #5
bigohdawg

Thanks 14george, ctbruce and 66joej.... This forum definitely has a LOT of insights, hints and helpful advice to us newbies. Your absolutely right that I'll probably over-buy in the beginning assuming I need all of these gadgets that are out there being marketed to this audience and this is where this forum definitely helps provide guidance along the way. I'm sure once I get the unit, I'll have lots of questions and looks for input.

I've found the various checklists (delivery, first trip out..etc) and have definitely saved these for reference.

Bigohdawg
Old 02-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #6
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. A friend has a Hideout and loves it. Enjoy the new memories you'll make with your grandson. Our Gkids love to go with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #7
weicken98

Welcome to RVing bigohdawg. New member here but not new to rving we are fulltiming with a 2yr and 5yr old boys. I will tell you that they love to be a part of anything I am doing to our 5er. If I'm dumping the black tanks they want to be the ones to push the buttons.lol(electric valves). They also bounce off the walls some days but all and all we love it and wouldn't have it any other way. Please ask any questions lots of great people here!!
weicken98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to The Forum From Western PA

Congrats on you new Hideout! Enjoy

Along with those items you have listed that you are working on , I would suggest you also start reviewing/developing a Check list for your upcoming dealer walk through. Note: that there is a PDI list on this forum that you can use as a starting point. May not seem like much but a successful dealer walk through/checkout will set a firm foundation for the future.

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
Firewall

Congrats and Welcome!
Firewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congrats on the new rig!! I know the wait will be tough. Look at the lists and get the essentials. Take the new unit out for a day or two (or in the driveway) so you won't look like newbies. If something pops up this place is where to come for a quick answer.

I think we've all had wonderful times with our kids/grandkids hanging out around the campfire and I'm wishing you the best of luck getting it all sorted out and then going to have fun. Now, if I could just get my 28 y.o. grandson to start a family MAYBE I could have some great grandkids to get out with us while we still can!!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #11
CrazyCain

Welcone from Michigan

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #12
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
Welcome to the forum from Oregon, I found a lot of useful info on youtube, lots of great videos there. Happy RV'ing.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #13
marksiemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigohdawg View Post
Just ordered a 2017 Keystone RV Hideout 272LHS to be delivered in March. It's our first Travel Trailer and hoping to build some great memories with our 5 yr old grandson. I'm currently out here gathering as much insight and knowledge as I can before our first adventure, since we want to have some good memories and experiences and not be complete novices. Still trying to build the list of camping 'must-haves', 'things to be aware of' and 'proper to-do lists'. Also trying to learn from others on the diversity of water color management (black, grey..etc) , electrical connections in addition to making the most of a fun and enjoyable time with our Hooligan grandson.
I just recently purchased the same trailer. If I may ask did you mount a television in the entertainment center? If so, what size TV did you use? I would measure it myself but do not have a chance to go back out to my trailer until next week...

But on a side note, how do you like the trailer? Anything I should look out for on mine?
marksiemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #14
bigohdawg

Mark,
I had the trailer delivered with the TV installed. They install the following TV: http://www.trekwood.com/products.php?product_id=624574 which is a 32 inch flatscreen. So far everything is great with the trailer. One thing that I was a little astonished by when I first brought it home was the length and how much of the driveway it took up once parked. At the RV show and at the dealers for some reason it doesn't quite look that long. But once parked in front of the garage it definitely was fairly long and pulling out of the garage on the other side makes you feel like you're in a tunnel. We're now buying all the accessories and enjoying the amenties that it brings. Get out there and enjoy yours !

Tags
hideout, keystone