Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
Ragstym

Plumbing Mystery ??

After a recent purchase of my '03 Montana, I've enjoyed getting her cleaned up for use later this year. While crawling around and doing some cleaning, I have discovered two things that I don't understand and hope to learn something here. First, I do not understand one of the black plumbing pipes that extends toward the rear of the rv, and then turns upward into the sealed floor but, there is nothing inside at the point of entrance, that would warrant drainage of any kind. In fact, the pipe enters the sealed floor, right under the sleeper couch. Second, I discovered what appears to be a "T-Pull" handle, exactly like the black and grey tank handles, ....only this one is 2/3rds the way toward the rear of the trailer, right under the large slide out room. In fact, it's located in the same area as the mysterious plumbing I mentioned in item number 1. What's Up??
Ragstym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
justlkn

Could it possibly be the galley tank and drain? I have a dedicated tank and pull handle just for the galley.

2016 3500HD Silverado Duramax LTZ
2012 Keystone Avalanche 341TG (Sold)
justlkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:39 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!

It's not uncommon to have 3 wastewater tanks. The placement of them under the floor is based on available space. Depending on your floor plan, it's most likely the galley (kitchen) gray water tank.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
KanTC

Here's some info from the Keystone archives. For the 2003 model year ALL floorplans are shown with the same tank capacities.

Fresh Water 60 gal..... Waste Water 38 gal..... Gray Water 76 gal

76 gal gray water would typically indicate TWO gray tanks. In this case, most likely 1-"38 gal" galley & 1-"38 gal" bath (shower/sink).
The floorplan arrangement usually determines which gray tank handle is located nearer the rear.

Specs
http://www.keystonerv.com/previous-y...tana&year=2003

2003 Montana Brochure
http://www.keystonerv.com/media/7733...ochure.pdf.pdf

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
Pmedic4

Congratulations!

Yes, congratulations are in order for finding the 3rd waste water valve!

I've posted about the discovery of it on our RV previously. In short, I couldn't see the pull handle for the 3rd tank, as it was right on the frame member, and being black, it blended right in to the frame. We'd been out several times, and the tank was showing full, but I couldn't find the valve, so assumed it drained with the other Gray water valve. Spent about 15 minutes at the dump station looking for it, and did finally find it, but it was not easy to spot.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote