Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
scoooter

Fresh Water Fill

I have a 2015 carbon 297 so far all has been okay. I have a a city water connection with a valve to switch over to fill the fresh water tank. I do not have a fresh water fill hole that would allow me to just funnel in water should I be somewhere in the boonies and run out and need to add more. An I missing something here? Owned many trailers and fifth wheels just never had this issue.
scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
Jim & DJ

Don't think you are missing anything other that a piece of hose and a funnel, Maybe. Attach the hose where is says city fill and turn the valve and fill ?

I have the same and have considered it...........
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

Hi your not missing any thing! If you have "city" water and the hose is hooked up swith over to "fill" and your fresh water holding tank will fill. That's it:d
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
I have a 2015 carbon 297 so far all has been okay. I have a a city water connection with a valve to switch over to fill the fresh water tank. I do not have a fresh water fill hole that would allow me to just funnel in water should I be somewhere in the boonies and run out and need to add more. An I missing something here? Owned many trailers and fifth wheels just never had this issue.
It seems that Keystone has been moving away from the gravity fill ports for fresh water tanks in recent years. Some still have them others don't. There have been several discussions on how to work around the problem of filling the tank when there's no water pressure to use the diverter valve as designed by Keystone. Here are some of the threads you might find interesting, but using the search feature you can find many more that relate to your concerns.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...esh+water+fill

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
Gaffer222

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Hi your not missing any thing! If you have "city" water and the hose is hooked up swith over to "fill" and your fresh water holding tank will fill. That's it:d
I found a camper we loved except a few issues and this was a big one. When boondocking there is no way to fill the freshwater unless you have an auxiliary pump. The dealer said they would install one for a "price"

If you never boondock/use the fresh water tank it's not an issue. So why have a fresh water tank then?
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005
Gaffer222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
GmaPaTime

What I have read and done is per what Keystone states in the manual. Remove screen in "vent" opening and insert a short length of hose and funnel. Not very easy but it works.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
CarbonFun

As GmaPaTime stated, you can remove the vent cap and screen then insert tubing and funnel to fill tank. I have used this method to add sanitizing solution to the fresh water tank. Works just fine.
GQ
CarbonFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 05:23 PM   #8
Spacetrucker

I carry a 12vt pump to pull water from a 50 gal soft bag. Works great. The two of the coast me 75.00$ and wow works great. Also carry thes same for putting balk waist in and a pump for that ,DUM works great . Then take to a pump out and get some water and clean out the outher from next trip. So when you go into town from the out back take all and dump get food and water and wine, go home ,do it all over next week or two?
Spacetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #9
socalhd

This is interesting. My 2014 342 has a Gravity fill in the right side of the coach. Completely separate from the work station

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote