Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
Campin_Joe

Question on my new 2014 Keystone Hideout 31RBDS

Hey everyone I am looking to the experience of you all and hope to get feedback.

I just purchased a new 2014 Keystone Hideout 31RBDS last Monday. Once home and putting everything inside the camper, I notice the linoleum is not tight to the floor in the kitchen area. But on even closer inspection it almost seems as though the floor is soft in that area.

This also got me to thinking about how much squeaking the trailer did when lowering it and raising it with the tongue jack. At first I thought because this trailer is longer than my last one that the sqeaking and creaking it does when raised and lowered is normal. But now after noticing the potential flooring problem I am wondering if the sqeaking and creaking is also part of a larger more serious issue?

So I am turning to you all for advice. Is the creaking from added weight of length, two big slides and outdoor kitchen or should it be cause for concern?
Campin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #2
ctpd814

Do you mean that it feels like there is padding under the linoleum? Mine is the same way. I believe this is done so that it can stretch and shrink with the temperature changes. There was some mention of linoleum cracking in the extreme cold this last year. I am not sure if theirs was this way or not.

As for the squeaking and creaking, is it from the suspension or body of the trailer? Most of the suspensions can not be greased and will let you know about it. If it is from the body, I may be a little concerned.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
Campin_Joe

ctpd814 maybe you are right and I hope you are. The linoleum is lifted up from the floor and when you walk on it you can feel it set back down. It is not bubbled up so bad that you can see it. But maybe this is for expansion in different weather conditions.

As for the creaking I will have to have my wife run the tongue jack while I look underneath I guess to get an accurate answer. I just know my jayco never made a sound while jacking up or down.
Campin_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote