Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
I.plod

Shenadoah River State Park?

Has anyone been there recently? Buggy? Quiet?

Are the sites big enough to accommodate the TT and a separate tent?

Will our dogs be welcome? Can they get in the river or is it a closed swimming area (like Sherando Lake)?

Bluegrass Bass Player Central Virginia
2014 Bullet 230BHS
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
I.plod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

As we say on this forum very often "Google is your friend". I found this on the Va state parks website. It answers your doggy question. I am sure most of your others will be answered there also. Hopefully some of are members have been there and can add to it.

Pets in Virginia State Parks

One of the great things about Virginia State Parks is that you can bring your four-legged loved ones along as well. Fido can come too but, of course, there are limits.

Pets are allowed in all Virginia State Parks. State regulations prohibit pets on public swim beaches and in public facilities (bathhouses, visitor centers, park offices, restaurants, etc.), and pets must be confined or kept on a leash no longer than six feet and kept under supervision while in the park. While pets are allowed at False Cape State Park, they generally are not permitted access through Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, so be sure to call False Cape SP, (757) 426-7128, to verify access.

To avoid potential inconvenience, we ask that you bring proof of current rabies vaccination. This is strongly recommended in Virginia Beach where a rabies alert is in effect.

There is an additional nightly charge per pet for cabins (PDF) stays.

Unfortunately, some pets and their owners don't always consider other guests. Pet owners must clean up after their pets. If a pet is left unattended, becomes a nuisance in violation of the leash law, disturbs others by barking during quiet hours or damages a park facility, the owner's stay may be terminated without refund. The owner will be billed for any damage to park facilities caused by pets.

Assistance dogs are not considered pets hence are welcome in all facilities at no additional charge.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
I.plod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
As we say on this forum very often "Google is your friend". I found this on the Va state parks website. It answers your doggy question. I am sure most of your others will be answered there also. Hopefully some of are members have been there and can add to it.
Yes, I am also a huge fan of Google and read that. Pretty much camp because the dog is such a great camper. But hate to leave her locked up in the trailer while we swim. That's no vacation.

Has anyone been recently and can the dog get in the river with me, or is it a designated swim area (like Sherando lake)?

Bluegrass Bass Player Central Virginia
2014 Bullet 230BHS
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
I.plod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shenadoah river