Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
Jim Dow

Camp Gulf Beachfront

This past week we enjoyed our beachfront spot at Camp Gulf (Miramar Beach, FL). The weather was great and our spot on the beach was awesome.

Early mornings were spent enjoying the view of the beach from our lounge chairs with a nice hot cup of coffee.

Late mornings were spent on the beach - just relaxing and watching kids have fun. The surf was very nice.

Mid-day was spent back in the 5er - with air conditioning.

Late afternoon, back on the beach - right outside our front door.

Evening strolls on the beach were just a step away.

Service was great/friendly; the campground was clean and well equipped; and the family-oriented atmosphere was thoroughly appreciated.

We would recommend Camp Gulf to you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CampGulf Sign.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	6238   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeachViewFromCamper-4.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	6240   Click image for larger version

Name:	BeachDestination.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	6241  
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:54 AM   #2
byrdr1

Sweet, I love that clean white sand and right out your back window.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #3
Kristi

Nice! Thanks for the info.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
uct

How much per night?
uct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
Jim Dow

Camp Gulf Rates

From Memorial Day through Labor Day the rate for a beachfront site is $185 per night. As you move back from the beach, the rates decrease substantially.

From Labor Day through Memorial Day (non-peak) the rate for a beachfront site is about $85 per night. As you move back from the beach, the rates decrease substantially.

As for other similar campgrounds, I can recommend both Emerald Beach Campground and Navarre Beach Campgrounds - both back closer to Pensacola, FL. These two campgrounds front on a bay and not on the Gulf of Mexico; but both are very nice with waterfront sites and considerably lower nightly rates.

The Gulf beach is very very nice.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
js9234

I've done research on this place for vacation next year and it sounds amazing. Very pricey BUT it's Florida. I want to do the RV/Cabin package so family members can go also. Is it very kid friendly? How far from local attractions? This year we're doing it cheap and heading a few hrs away to Padre Island, TX. Not enough time to save money lol From Abilene, TX to Destin, FL is a long drive.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #7
Jim Dow

Camp Gulf Cabins

The cabins at Camp Gulf are nice and close to the beach. Most are smaller; but there is one large cabin for an entire family or families. The rates are comparable to the trailer sites.

There's a pool and water slide for the kids. Also there is a game room.

Attractions are quite close by and plentiful - about 25 miles to Panama City or Fort Walton Beach.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #8
crash

We are planning on going there this December ,Glad you had a great time.
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
MBD

We have been a few times and are going again the first week in August. The resort is definitely family oriented with a huge inflated slide and hand dipped ice cream. The best thing is you are so close to the beach - no crossing the highway or other obstacles. As cool as the first (closest to the water) row is, there are a couple of drawbacks- 1. no sewer connection, requires pump out and 2. no pets - some law (whether state or county) prohibits dogs on the beach. I also would not want the rest of the campground walking close to my "camp site."

The resort is minutes away from an outlet mall, Walmart, several grocery stores and most importantly - commercial fishing opportunities for avid saltwater anglers. Think "DESTIN."

It is the only resort that I have found on the actual beach. Additionally, the water is the actual Gulf and not the lagoon/bay that is just a tiny bit further West.

It is in the top three of my favorite destinations.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #10
STLCG

Love Camp Gulf

My family absolutely loves Camp Gulf!! Since we moved to GA it’s become an annual stop. Yes it is stupidly expensive but so worth the money. If the extra cost of the Beach Front Site plus the cost of having your black tank pumped out does not bother you than I cannot imagine a more perfect place to park your RV. For us with a dog and my overall tendency towards being cheap we prefer to stay on the Beach Sites on the 500 row. The sites 544-534 are a lot wider and offer plenty of room to spread out. 545-556 are really close to the water but are ridiculously tight (awning touching neighbors slide out tight) I have twin 13 year old girls and they both look forward to our trips to Destin, enough said!!
STLCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #11
panhandlebob

Nice , we live only 10 minutes from Camp Gulf , a little expensive but great family camping. Also check out Top Sail State park on 30a,great park with beach access just down the road for less than half the price.
panhandlebob is offline   Reply With Quote